Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to the Site...............

J bonz
    And looking to buy a 18' jet. I was raised on one until we slowly moved up to a Cig topgun. Now I finally graduated and i'm ready to accept offers in Wisconsin, my fiance and I are ready to take the plunge on a boat. The cig is my dads and I's. The big boat is staying in ohio for a few years. but I want a jet like I was raised on to enjoy for a few years. Is there any WI ***boaters out there that can show me the ropes of where to go/ noise laws?
    I know there are alot of lakes but, will I get tickets with a bad **s jet?
    Jr.

J bonz
    Any one..........................

pw_Tony
    Yea you should get some mufflers if yah get a boat with headers!
    Don't know of any 18' for sale, and usually this board would get 5x more than the Sandbar about jets. Sorry, good luck!

thehotrodguy
    I have an 18' Galaxie, sbc w/ mild cam, berkeley JE pump w/ splitbowl. Interior nice, clearcoat peeling a little on the deck. Bubbledeck boat, 2 buckets and a bench. Not scary by any means, but a good, reliable boat that will easily hit 70 with a big block (or maybe some juice). Runs a solid 55 now, with 4 people and a cooler full of beer. Shoot me an email - thehotrodguy@gmail.com and I'll send you pics. I live in MD, would be willing to meet you partway or help arrange for shipping. I'm not rushed to sell it, but willing to at a fair price. I have a couple of other jets, and am going to seatrial another one wednesday, so this boat selling would make my wife very happy.
    Good luck,
    Andrew

J bonz
    Thanks for the replies, Still cant decide wether to go with a jet due to the noise. I really dont know the laws or lakes up here in WI
    Jr.

ck7684
    So dont use OT headers...I wouldnt want the noise myself, and the residents of lake I go to wouldnt tolerate open headers very long, law or no law. Find something with TT exhaust and you shouldnt have any problems...

J bonz
    So dont use OT headers...I wouldnt want the noise myself, and the residents of lake I go to wouldnt tolerate open headers very long, law or no law. Find something with TT exhaust and you shouldnt have any problems...
    No offense but, if thats the case, I will probably try to find a 22 apache with an outboard. I was raised on an 18' bubble deck, BBC, high rise manifold, duel quads, OT headers. It was always a dream to finally get back to my roots and buy one. Even if it meant it was a trailer queen. But, now I am feeling that the jets not a good Idea.
    Jr.

pw_Tony
    No offense but, if thats the case, I will probably try to find a 22 apache with an outboard. I was raised on an 18' bubble deck, BBC, high rise manifold, duel quads, OT headers. It was always a dream to finally get back to my roots and buy one. Even if it meant it was a trailer queen. But, now I am feeling that the jets not a good Idea.
    Jr.
    http://i15.tinypic.com/4t6g3mr.jpg

J bonz

http://i15.tinypic.com/4t6g3mr.jpg
    WOW, thats the style jet I was raised on except it was blue........... That green one is bad **S. thanks for the reply. That reasures my dreams......
    Jr.

ck7684
    You'd rather have an outboard than TT exhaust on a jet???:sqeyes:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast