Thread: Us, Maui, and Flossie....

AZKC
    Looks like we have a guest for our trip to Maui this week
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1186973519

RitcheyRch
    Heard its gaining some strength.

MBlaster
    Trip insurance is a beautiful thing.
    My brother was there for Iniki. It was not good.
    Good luck, hope she dies down before landfall.

AZKC
    Well the surf should be up
    It should be past Maui just enough on Thursday so we can land Its a Cat 4 right now:sqeyes:

AZKC
    Trip insurance is a beautiful thing.
    My brother was there for Iniki. It was not good.
    Good luck, hope she dies down before landfall.
    Yeah when you buy it , so we are going come hurricane, valcano or earthquakes. Which they just had also, closing the road to Hana from the West side.

dc96819
    If you do get there,check out jaws (tow surfing):sqeyes:

Magic34
    My advice...
    Stay away from Hawaii during or directly after natural disasters. The people are clueless over there in energency situations.
    I flew in 3 hours after the earthquakes last year and it was a mess. Structures were fine, but all the employees from everywhere bolted home. It was everyone for themselves, including the tourists.

bruddah
    definately should be good surf! take advantage of that since its summer and usually no bueno!

2Driver
    We were due to land in Kauai the day Iniki Cat 5 hit. Needless to say we didn’t even go to the airport, loaded up and went to Powell for 8 days. Both the airline and hotle gave us a full refund without insurance.
    Some vacation policies state that the hurricane has to shut things down vs a bad rain and wind storm. If the planes go in late and your hotel is open then the insurance wouldn't do much unless you got a cancel for any reason policy $.
    I think worse case is that you are going to have delays getting in. Once there I think the biggest issue will be rain and wind damage depending on where you are going. Surfing near major population centers can be polluted with run-off and unless you are a big wave surfer it might be something just to watch while drinking a Mai Tai.
    Good Luck

Magic34
    We were due to land in Kauai the day Iniki Cat 5 hit. Needless to say we didn’t even go to the airport, loaded up and went to Powell for 8 days. Both the airline and hotle gave us a full refund without insurance.
    Some Vacation policies state that the hurricane has to shut things down vs a bad rain and wind storm. If the planes go in late and your hotel is open then the insurance wouldn't do much unless you got a cancle for any reason policy $.
    I think worse case is that you are going to have delays getting in. Once there I think the biggest issue will be rain and wind damage depending on where you are going. Surfing near major population centers can be polluted with run-off and unless you are a big wave surfer it might be something just to watch while drinking a Mai Tai.
    Good Luck
    When we flew over during that earthquake, we flew Hawaiian. Our planes all landed. All United planes that were inroute, turned and headed back.
    United told all their passengers that it was an act of God and that they had to buy new tickets if they wanted to get to Hawaii. So, if they were stranded in LA and lived in Texas, they had to buy a new ticket. Even to get to Hawaii, new ticket.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast