Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Tom Brown
    A young lady friend of mine suggested I join Facebook to get notifications of certain local events. This person is 22 years old, newly married, and the kind of person who sends and receives hundreds of text messages per day on her cell phone.
    ... so I join this thing to discover it seems to be a site with an average age of about 14 years. 20 year olds are considered the 'older' crowd. In fact, one of the events listed on the events page for my city is 'Brad's big 2-0 party'.
    Is this strictly a teenybopper site of random, mindless thoughts or are there some older people like me using it to hook up for some really nasty sex?
    I've only known of the existance of Facebook for a couple of days but it looks to be a big site.

Jbb
    Dateline NBC will be in touch with you shortly....

Tom Brown
    Dateline NBC will be in touch with you shortly....
    As long as they put out.

uvindex
    "comScore’s latest Media Metrix report indicates that MySpace is losing ground to Facebook for the high school demographic. While MySpace still holds the lead overall, Facebook has increased its number of US visitors under the age of 18 (about 2.5 times), while MySpace has dropped about 30% for the same age group." source: http://mashable.com/2007/07/11/myspa...g-to-facebook/
    All's not lost, however. According to the graphic below from techcrunch.com, there are still plenty of geezers on facebook:
    [/I]http://www.techcrunch.com/wp-content/fbagepie.png

socalmoney
    You originally had to have a .edu email address to join since it was only open to students but they recently opened it up to everyone. What does it matter how old you are Tom, we know you signed up as a 16 year old.

bruddah
    yep used to be a mainly college kid place!

DUNDUN
    A young lady friend of mine suggested I join Facebook to get notifications of certain local events. This person is 22 years old, newly married, and the kind of person who sends and receives hundreds of text messages per day on her cell phone.
    ... so I join this thing to discover it seems to be a site with an average age of about 14 years. 20 year olds are considered the 'older' crowd. In fact, one of the events listed on the events page for my city is 'Brad's big 2-0 party'.
    Is this strictly a teenybopper site of random, mindless thoughts or are there some older people like me using it to hook up for some really nasty sex?
    I've only known of the existance of Facebook for a couple of days but it looks to be a big site.
    Yes.
    It's like Myspace for cool kids.

adjones419
    yep used to be a mainly college kid place!
    I didn't even know about it until I was a sophomore in college, so I joined with my .edu University e-mail address. I'm now 22 and a graduate student, and I use myspace more because I get stuff from high school kids on Facebook. I don't want to be the creepy old guy.

Jbb
    I don't want to be the creepy old guy.
    Yeah, thats best left to the professionals.......like Brown....

Riverless
    i heard the difference between MySpace and Facebook described as..MySpace is Bart and FaceBook is Lisa. not sure if that still applies, but i liked the analogy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast