Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 502 Upgrade... AFR 305cc as cast heads?

Planning an Upgrade on my stock 502 chevy gen VI
    looking at a pair of AFR heads 305cc as cast heads
    I will be installing a Procharger and a EFI system.
    Has anybody ran these heads before?
    Lets hear your opinions..

JAY4SPEED
    If you decide to go that route, I have a set of AFR as cast 305cc with CNC chambers (no port work only chambers) that I'd consider selling if your interested. They are fully assembled and have never been bolted on a motor. I can't comment on using them because, of course I've never used them. It would save you a couple hundred and no wait time for them to be built.
    Jay

widowmaker
    I just built a 502 gen vi with the 305 cnc chambered heads, and cut them down to 114cc to get the compression up a little. I made 712 hp on the dyno at 6100rpm. They work great, definitely get the cnc chamber, well worth the extra dough.

scarabrick2
    I would have this engine builder do it. Use a whipple or have him make you a non blower motor using your current engine. He does a lot of big HP and high profile peoples motors. He has a 502 rebuilt set upi he's got dialed in. PM Vegashallett and he'll share some info
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...ht=502+rebuild

scarabrick2
    I would have this engine builder do it. Use a whipple or have him make you a non blower motor using your current engine. He does a lot of big HP and high profile peoples motors. He has a 502 rebuilt set upi he's got dialed in. PM Vegashallett and he'll share some info
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...ht=502+rebuild

I am the engine builder, going with a procharger
    for the stealth look. only going to boost to 5-7psi
    anyway so no reason to buy a whipple. hell if I was going to do that I would just put a PSI on it and run methanol.
    project is a lake boat. I want it to run good. but not on the edge. sometimes I run it hard up the lake for 20 -30 minutes. I get more satisfaction doing my own work.
    if it blows up I only have me to blame. if it stays together
    then I'm happy.

Hi Outlaw Thats A Good Lookin Boat. When I Hear Efi I Go Yikes. Or Are You Already Efi? Just Curious. There's My Age Showin (what's Fuel Inj?:d Haha)

Thanks, No not yet. I had it all ready to go then I found this Daytona. pulled the EFI off my old boat engine, and sold the boat.
    My plan was to get the EFI working correctly then add some boost. then new boat came into the picture.
    not wanting to blow the summer I just added a 150shot of NOS. now that the season is almost over time to think about the project again. I have a Haltech E6X ECM.
    and an old Hirel EFI multiport manifold and 1000 cfm throttle body currently a M1 procharger, working on a
    M3SC...
    at your age, I'm 45 and still learning. Thats why I was asking about the AFR heads since I have to buy heads, I thought I would ask around.

Jerrys59
    Thanks, No not yet. I had it all ready to go then I found this Daytona. pulled the EFI off my old boat engine, and sold the boat.
    My plan was to get the EFI working correctly then add some boost. then new boat came into the picture.
    not wanting to blow the summer I just added a 150shot of NOS. now that the season is almost over time to think about the project again. I have a Haltech E6X ECM.
    and an old Hirel EFI multiport manifold and 1000 cfm throttle body currently a M1 procharger, working on a
    M3SC...
    at your age, I'm 45 and still learning. Thats why I was asking about the AFR heads since I have to buy heads, I thought I would ask around.
    Heck! Your still young. I'm 65 and still learning,

cfm
    The 305's are great heads. The 315's will be better if you are willing to spend the extra dough.
    AFR does offer hard anodizing , cnc chambers and also iconel exhaust valves as upgrades.
    Get the heads, you have the cid and blower, and you are just a camshaft away from making tons of power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast