Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jamaica Trip

GunninGopher
    the Joy of a cab ride, O MY GOD hang on!!!!!! and it's on the wrong side of the road.......most of the resorts run there own shuttles so i'd take them there free. and the cabs will work ya!!! and also everyone will want to sell you Gonja mon. Weed Mary jane...........but be awere cops follow them guy and will work you too.
    I haven't smoked weed since I was 18. Puts me to sleep and I'd rather stay awake.
    We're thinking about a cab because we thought it would be a cool way to see some stuff between the resorts. If we take the resort shuttle the only place we'll stop on the way is the airport.

Screaming Pete
    me either on the weed just letting you know how it is down there

a catered life
    I haven't smoked weed since I was 18. Puts me to sleep and I'd rather stay awake.
    We're thinking about a cab because we thought it would be a cool way to see some stuff between the resorts. If we take the resort shuttle the only place we'll stop on the way is the airport.
    when i get home today i will post the name and number of our driver we had for 10 days..great guy and very professional

ACEB36TC
    You`re Taking A Cab? At Least Take One Of The Mini-vans From Ocho To Negril. This Ride Will Be About 5 Hours. No Shit. Wear Your Bathing Suit And Stop By Jimmy Buffets Place In Mo-bay . It Is Directly On Your Way. Have A Drink And Ride The Slide!!!!! Also "schotchies" Is The Name Of The Jerk Chicken Place. Do Not Miss It. Just Tell The Driver. He`ll Know It. Your Driver Should Mention A Lot Of History On The Way. Very Interesting About The James Bond Flick Filmed There. Just Before You Get To Mo-bay Ask The Driver To Take You Up The Hill To The White Witch Golf Course. Even If You Don`t Play The Views Are Wonderful. Also The Half Moon Club Has A Wonderful Spa On Site. They Accept Non-guests If You Prepay With A Card. It Will Make The Trip Much Better. Another Easy Deal Is The Submarine /snorkel Trip In Mo-bay. You Can Easilty Do This On Your Way. The Driver Will Help With The Deal. You Could Even Make Dunn`s River On Your Travel Day. It`s Fresh Water And You`ll Be Totally Dry Before You Get Back In The Van.

ACEB36TC
    We Will Be Just West Of Mo-bay The First Week In October. You`ll Pass Less Than A Third Of A Mile From Where We`re Staying.

GunninGopher
    You`re Taking A Cab? At Least Take One Of The Mini-vans From Ocho To Negril. This Ride Will Be About 5 Hours. No Shit.
    I wasn't sure about a cab. Catered Life's driver sounds like it might be a good idea. I was trying to get an idea of the route between the resorts. It looks like about 80 miles in a straight line, but I guess we'll be driving the coast and I'll bet the roads are terrible, right?
    Thanks for the tips on things to do. I'm going to be bumping this thread all month and next!!

Havasu1986
    I wasn't sure about a cab. Catered Life's driver sounds like it might be a good idea. I was trying to get an idea of the route between the resorts. It looks like about 80 miles in a straight line, but I guess we'll be driving the coast and I'll bet the roads are terrible, right?
    Thanks for the tips on things to do. I'm going to be bumping this thread all month and next!!
    I stayed in Sandals Ocho Rios and Sandals Negril. Loved both places and beaches. The airport is in Montego Bay. Its about 2 hours to O.R. and 2 hours the other way to Negril. The road to Negril has been improved, but the road to O.R. is a little bumpy. If you get car sick I would sit in front of the bus. I think there are flights from O.R. to Negril that you may want to look into.

Havasu1986
    Wifey and I will be splitting 10 days between Couples Sans Soucci (Ocho Rios) and Couples Swept Away (Negril) in October.
    We love the all inclusive thing, and have done it for years in the carribean, but we always head out and see some local stuff. Any suggestions?
    I hope you bought hurricane insurance, because Jamaica may get slammed tomorrow.

Mattman
    Ah yes, the days of drinking Red Stripe and sitting in Dunes River Falls all while you get solicited to buy dope. Had a blast.

GunninGopher
    I hope you bought hurricane insurance, because Jamaica may get slammed tomorrow.
    Uh Oh!!
    I'm sure they'll at least get a new shipment of Red Stripe before we go, so I'll be cool either way!!
    All Inclusive is great if you are a drinker. I can rack up a $100 bar tab easy if I'm just kicking it by a pool all day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12