Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's the timing limit on 110 with no intercooler?

IMPATIENT 1
    labor day is coming up and i was curious to know what some of you guys without intercoolers let your motor have as far as total timing on race fuel? trying to tune up to play on labor day and i'm too conservative with my timing, i think i can step it up , just didn't want to push my luck

flattie
    I have ran mine at 34 deg for over 2 years on 110 octane. with 11 to 12lbs of boost. I just took 2 deg out of it hoping to pic up the mph on the top end. Will let you know after this weekend if its a big differance

IMPATIENT 1
    I have ran mine at 34 deg for over 2 years on 110 octane. with 11 to 12lbs of boost. I just took 2 deg out of it hoping to pic up the mph on the top end. Will let you know after this weekend if its a big differance
    so you pulled it down to 32 now?

flattie
    Yes hoping to make more power on the top end

motormonkey
    Its funny how you learned not to add to much timing to a blower ,but adding detonation free timing always makes more, as high as 38* plus depending on how big your balls are. For what its worth.

IMPATIENT 1
    Its funny how you learned not to add to much timing to a blower ,but adding detonation free timing always makes more, as high as 38* plus depending on how big your balls are. For what its worth.
    i've got the balls, just not the $$$ to repair anymore damage this yr, i just like to play it safe even if that leaves 10hp on the table.

VDRIVERACING
    labor day is coming up and i was curious to know what some of you guys without intercoolers let your motor have as far as total timing on race fuel? trying to tune up to play on labor day and i'm too conservative with my timing, i think i can step it up , just didn't want to push my luck
    34-35 has been working for me. Most important that you have sufficient fuel delivery throughout the rpm band.

atxwrangler
    34-35 has been working for me. Most important that you have sufficient fuel delivery throughout the rpm band.
    what octane fuel are you running? :idea:

IMPATIENT 1
    i ran alittle more timing yesterday on race fuel mix(i had alittle super in that tank, so it was @80% 110, 20% 93)and i ran 34 degrees, but still pulled alittle out with the btm(maybe 1/4 degree per pd of boost). my a/f meter showed @12.5 to 1 thru out rpm range and went to 12 to 1 at wot. alittle rich i think but i'm gonna run zoomies on labor day and thought maybe that'll lean it out alittle.

VDRIVERACING
    what octane fuel are you running? :idea:
    110 race gas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast