Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: True Story About The Death On Thursday

Quest4Fun
    Well said Magic34...I'm in as well as far as helping this boy out. Like I said before, I have a 9 year old boy and this situation breaks my heart.
    As far as the Fountain owner, it is probably sitting in a garage or storage somewhere in Havasu. Someone has to know something. The Havasu paper should run a follow up story so maybe someone will come forward with information.

Magic34
    The Fountain will be found... In time, it will be found.
    We need to find that boy!!!!
    If he doesn't have an aunt, uncles or anyone, there are 2 willing families here that are making an untimate decision and would adopt him into a loving home.
    I dont know where to start to find him though.
    Anyone closer to the story can do better than I can.

boatsnblondes
    Oh, and Magic, your my hero bro....good for you, great post....

HocusPocus
    it breaks my heart to imagine what this little boy is going thru and without any family support. i just hope the foster parents he has now are supportive of his needs at this moment in his life.

blackcloud75
    I am the paramedic/firefighter who pulled the man out of the water on Thursday August 9 at approximatley 3:30.
    My family and I were sitting on the west beach about 2 miles south of Topock Marina. I saw a man and his son on two separate old style stand up Jet Skiis heading south toward Havasu Lake. At the same time a man was driving a 27 foot Hallet at approximatly 35 miles per hour down the middle of the river when another boat, the Fountain, came upon him at a very rapid speed (approximatley 70 miles per hour). The Fountain boat that I saw was between 27 - 30 feet long, all white in color except for a very large "Fountain" written on the side of the boat in red and black.
    Due to the position that our boat was sitting on on the beach and the fact that we were sitting in beach chairs eatting our lunch, we were unable to see or hear the actual impact approximately 200 yards away.
    An off-duty LA County Sherrif's officer who was sharing the same stretch of beach that we were on approximately 200 yards to the south saw and heard the collision. The officer was unable to get his boat off the beach so he ran to us asking for a phone to call for help. At that time my wife and I, along with the officer, jumped into our boat to help the man. We came upon the man in the Hallet, who had witnessed the accident and turned around to help, holding the injured man's head out of the water. He had also put the man's son into his boat. I dove into the water and found the man not conscious or breathing. With the help of the other two men we were able to pull the man into the back seat of our boat and assess his injuries. He had two blown pupils, no spontanious respirations, and no corotid pulse. He had blood coming from his facial injuries.
    We immediately headed for Topock Marina and yelled for people to call 911. At that time I gave a description to their dispatch of what happened and the description of the boat.
    Two more pontoon style boats that were headed up river helped the man with the Hallet to retrieve the Jet Skiis and bring the young boy to the Marina. The father stayed in the boat for approximately two hours after being pronounded dead by paramedics at scene. Then there was a lengthy investigation from both San Bernadino Sheriff and Mohave County Sheriff's office. We were then followed back to the scene of the accident by the San Bernadino Sheriff for pictures and measurements of the scene.
    This morning (Sunday 8/12) I spoke to Park Ranger at Windsor Beach who informed me that they had not found the boat. The boy was 9 years old and mother and grandparents were killed a few years back in a car accident. There are no next of kin.
    Sorry
    Jeff
    Sad story.....
    We all definitely need to step-up for the young boy.....
    Cory

BrendellaJet
    where do we send the money?

Magic34
    it breaks my heart to imagine what this little boy is going thru and without any family support. i just hope the foster parents he has now are supportive of his needs at this moment in his life.
    Every post makes me feel even worse.
    In times of extreme sadness and tragedy, he has to get comfort from a stranger. No one can make that better, but in the long run, someone can help.

MRSDRMCAT
    I can't believe this happened!! Who does that and leaves the scene?? Its scary to think that it actually happens! Third Alarm- Thank god you were there! I feel so sad for the boy! SUCKS!!!

Magic34
    where do we send the money?
    I'm not the organizer on this, but if anyone wants to donate, I suggest just holding onto that for now and honoring your commitment when it all gets figured out.

Magic34
    I'm in it...if someone adopts him, and they are in the Anahiem hills area, my family owns Hillsborough Private Schools..I'm sure we can do something to help out with his education.....
    Oh, and Magic, your my hero bro....good for you, great post....
    Thanks man, but I dont want that title. I jsut want people to do what's right and in their ability to help. Everyone on this site can help, they just have to step awya from the keyboard and do something about it. Most of the people here will do so.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast