Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: True Story About The Death On Thursday

lalhc
    Here is the # for CPS in San Bernardino:
    San Bernardino County CPS (800)827-8724

C-2
    There's a good chance the boy has family somewhere - maybe his dad chose not to associate with them, but few people do not have relatives alive somewhere.
    It still breaks my heart to read this.
    If he has family which cannot be found, I'd be willing to help find them.

shrek
    This is a terrible tragedy and I truly hope the boy is adopted by a loving and caring family. VERY VERY cool of some of you guys to volunteer that quickly to adopt him.
    Does anyone know exactly the way this accident occured? We are so quick to condemn the driver of the Fountain but as far as I've read I haven't heard any details or who was at fault. Either way not stopping was completely wrong and he will pay for that. Is there any chance that he didn't know this happened?
    <---- Not defending the guy just playing devils advocate for a second because we haven't heard exact details and HB'ers tend to jump the gun a bit and want to burn people at the stake.
    My buddy was the guy in the Hallett that helped get the guy out of the water.........and saw the entire thing. He said the guy ran him right over......looked back........and then jabbed the throttle..........and was gone.
    Very sad.
    I hope this kid is in a decent place right now........
    Shrek

Magic34
    I just talked to CPS.
    For obvious reasons of this sick world, they can’t disclose much of anything to me, but I am awaiting a call back from a supervisor.
    I gave them the link to this story and expressed how thoughtful this board is. I explained that many of us are here to simply help any way we can.
    This site contains many people. People of all backgrounds and income levels. We can all do something, whether it is a financial commitment or not. I know that we could easily raise over $10k for this little boy.
    Someone already expressed a possibility of a free ride at a private school. Maybe someone can get him a free college education.
    Whatever it is, the powers here together can help.
    I gave them my cell phone and hope to God that they call back and steer us into a direction to help this boy.

Magic34
    My buddy was the guy in the Hallett that helped get the guy out of the water.........and saw the entire thing. He said the guy ran him right over......looked back........and then jabbed the throttle..........and was gone.
    Very sad.
    I hope this kid is in a decent place right now........
    Shrek
    Can you get a name??? At least the father's name?

C-2
    I just talked to CPS.
    For obvious reasons of this sick world, they can’t disclose much of anything to me, but I am awaiting a call back from a supervisor.
    I gave them the link to this story and expressed how thoughtful this board is. I explained that many of us are here to simply help any way we can.
    This site contains many people. People of all backgrounds and income levels. We can all do something, whether it is a financial commitment or not. I know that we could easily raise over $10k for this little boy.
    Someone already expressed a possibility of a free ride at a private school. Maybe someone can get him a free college education.
    Whatever it is, the powers here together can help.
    I gave them my cell phone and hope to God that they call back and steer us into a direction to help this boy.
    Tell them I'm onboard too. I can get them from point A to B quicker than any government, or even LEO sources. I'm sure they have already done some door knocks at the residence/neighbors.

shrek
    Can you get a name??? At least the father's name?
    Here is a post from another thread, that has the victims name:
    Oak Hills man killed in hit-and-run boat crash
    TOPOCK MARINA — Barry Lamar Pendley, 47, of Oak Hills was killed Thursday when his small personal watercraft collided with a 25- to 30-foot boat on the Colorado River, coroner’s officials reported Friday.
    After the collision, the boat fled the scene.
    His 9-year-old son, who was a passenger, was rescued uninjured. Pendley had been thrown into the water and was found 30 minutes later in the river. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
    The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department is investigating.

Magic34
    Here is a post from another thread, that has the victims name:
    Oak Hills man killed in hit-and-run boat crash
    TOPOCK MARINA — Barry Lamar Pendley, 47, of Oak Hills was killed Thursday when his small personal watercraft collided with a 25- to 30-foot boat on the Colorado River, coroner’s officials reported Friday.
    After the collision, the boat fled the scene.
    His 9-year-old son, who was a passenger, was rescued uninjured. Pendley had been thrown into the water and was found 30 minutes later in the river. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
    The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department is investigating.
    Great, there is a start.
    I was called back within 10 mintues from the SBC Sherrif's office and they got my info from CPS. They informed me to contact the Needles office which I did.
    I just hung up with them and I am getting a call back.

Magic34
    Tell them I'm onboard too. I can get them from point A to B quicker than any government, or even LEO sources. I'm sure they have already done some door knocks at the residence/neighbors.
    With the father's name... Can you do some digging and see where the boy is at or what is going on with him? Maybe where we can start to help?

Magic34
    OK... the power of the net is scary sometimes.
    Check out this post on OSO....
    I believe the boy does have his paternal grandmother, oddly enough I received an email written by the mother of the gentleman that was killed. It was forwarded to me by someone I know in the national Yorkie club, apparently the man's mother has Yorkies and is a member of the club. She sent an email plea out through their network looking for help in finding the driver and the fountain. It was very sad especially about how her grandson had to witness what happened to his father. I just can't believe how much recent hit and run stuff I have read about. Finding the driver will never bring her son back, but it will help with some closure.
    This lady sent her an email and I just asked her to have the grandmother contact me.
    So, he does have a grandparent alive and we are a step in the right direction.
    To that grandmother, if/when you see this, please call me so we can help.
    My name is Michael Yanke and my phone # is 602-885-8555
    My email is mhyanke@cox.net

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast