Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: True Story About The Death On Thursday

C-2
    Mother is alive in the desert area, the parties were divorced 6 years ago. Let's see how it shakes out.

MsPatriYacht
    I read about this on OSS where they had a link to this site. I am posting to let you know that I am pretty sure the young boy has a paternal grandmother. This morning I received an email written by the mother of the gentleman that was killed. It was forwarded to me by a yorkie breeder. The man's mother is a member of the yorkie club in AZ and sent an email reaching out to her network of dog breeders telling them about the accident and her need to find the man that killed her son. It was a very sad email to read, especially the part about her grandson seeing everything. I have sent her an email telling her how much this offshore and boating communtiy cares and how they are working to spread the word on finding the boat. I have asked her permission to post the email here and to read or post on this thread if she feel up to it. I did not feel it was my place to post on the subject but seeing how it has been assumed the boy has no family I felt compelled to say something.

DSW
    On this site, we all give eachother a hard time in good fun. It is probably the coolest bunch of internet nerds that you will ever find.
    In all my years of being on here, it has been rare when the entire community of ***boat should step up as a whole. Even when one of our own members had passed, not everyone got invovled, which is OK and acceptable. Usually, there are a lot of people behind the scenes off of the boards, such as family members there to cope with the loss.
    However, this story is absolutely horrible. These people were not even part of our community, but we MUST do something.
    Donations, time, food, anything... Hoatboat we must stand up.
    This little boy, is sitting empty. No mother, no father, no grandma, no grandpa. No one to call his own. No parent to kiss him goodnight. No parent to make his lunch for school. No mom or dad to take him to baseball or football. If he played, all the other parents are cheering their kids on, where are his?
    This SUCKS!!!!
    I'm rambling here, but who knows why the kid was on a jet ski. Sounds to me like he had enough pain every day from the other tragic loss that his dad was trying to make every day fun, I dont know.
    To those other members really willing to adopt him... If you do, whatever, and I mean whatever you may need I will make it my promise to help with anything. Anything... If the kid needs money, I will donate. If he needs more than I can give, I will organize a fundraiser and get him money. Whoever adopts him, you are my hero, and I mean that!
    I have so many ideas that can help this kid somewhat get that easier break he so much deserves. I just dont know where to begin.
    This is the time to show what the people of this site are made of.
    I hope they find the Fountain, but right now F#$& the Fountain. Let's make life better for this boy if that is even possible.
    I think it would be great to start maybe a college fund for the kid. I'd donate.

Magic34
    Mother is alive in the desert area, the parties were divorced 6 years ago. Let's see how it shakes out.
    Wait, he does have a mother alive?

MsPatriYacht
    OK... the power of the net is scary sometimes.
    Check out this post on OSO....
    I believe the boy does have his paternal grandmother, oddly enough I received an email written by the mother of the gentleman that was killed. It was forwarded to me by someone I know in the national Yorkie club, apparently the man's mother has Yorkies and is a member of the club. She sent an email plea out through their network looking for help in finding the driver and the fountain. It was very sad especially about how her grandson had to witness what happened to his father. I just can't believe how much recent hit and run stuff I have read about. Finding the driver will never bring her son back, but it will help with some closure.
    This lady sent her an email and I just asked her to have the grandmother contact me.
    So, he does have a grandparent alive and we are a step in the right direction.
    To that grandmother, if/when you see this, please call me so we can help.
    My name is Michael Yanke and my phone # is 602-885-8555
    My email is mhyanke@cox.net
    I must have been typing my post when you were typing this, I will send her your info. I am glad to see how you are all willing to rally behind this young boy

Magic34
    I must have been typing my post when you were typing this, I will send her your info. I am glad to see how you are all willing to rally behind this young boy
    Thank you

AirtimeLavey
    OK... the power of the net is scary sometimes.
    Check out this post on OSO....
    I believe the boy does have his paternal grandmother, oddly enough I received an email written by the mother of the gentleman that was killed. It was forwarded to me by someone I know in the national Yorkie club, apparently the man's mother has Yorkies and is a member of the club. She sent an email plea out through their network looking for help in finding the driver and the fountain. It was very sad especially about how her grandson had to witness what happened to his father. I just can't believe how much recent hit and run stuff I have read about. Finding the driver will never bring her son back, but it will help with some closure.
    This lady sent her an email and I just asked her to have the grandmother contact me.
    So, he does have a grandparent alive and we are a step in the right direction.
    To that grandmother, if/when you see this, please call me so we can help.
    My name is Michael Yanke and my phone # is 602-885-8555
    My email is mhyanke@cox.net
    Nice work guys. Great to see the effort and caring here. Hope you can get some solid answers. My hat's off to you.

C-2
    I think it's a moot issue as far as relatives. For that issue, it's probably best if left alone.

MsPatriYacht
    I just spoke to Barry's mother and she is having computer problems, she said she has just started to hear about the overwhelming support among the boating community. She was not sure really what to expect and is grateful for the outpouring of support. They have several good leads on the boat and hope that by this weekend they will have the driver. She said her grandson somehow is under the belief that "the bad guys have been caught" and at the moment no one has the heart to tell him differently.
    She said Dillon lives with his Mom in CA who has custody, they were divorced by still very good friends. They have a large extended family so the boy will be surrounded by lots of family, the maternal grandmother is in route from MD to be with them. They are from a ranching family (cows and horses) and a cowboy funeral is being planned to be held at Quail Spring Ranch near Kingman AZ. There will be a college memorial fund set up for Dillon at Wells Fargo, and when I get the details I will post them. Marilyn stressed that I say thank you on her behalf for your concern and kindness. She is a widow and like all of us dog lovers, she said her Yorkies have been a big help in her coping with this.

That Guy
    I just spoke to Barry's mother and she is having computer problems, she said she has just started to hear about the overwhelming support among the boating community. She was not sure really what to expect and is grateful for the outpouring of support. They have several good leads on the boat and hope that by this weekend they will have the driver. She said her grandson somehow is under the belief that "the bad guys have been caught" and at the moment no one has the heart to tell him differently.
    She said Dillon lives with his Mom in CA who has custody, they were divorced by still very good friends. They have a large extended family so the boy will be surrounded by lots of family, the maternal grandmother is in route from MD to be with them. They are from a ranching family (cows and horses) and a cowboy funeral is being planned to be held at Quail Spring Ranch near Kingman AZ. There will be a college memorial fund set up for Dillon at Wells Fargo, and when I get the details I will post them. Marilyn stressed that I say thank you on her behalf for your concern and kindness. She is a widow and like all of us dog lovers, she said her Yorkies have been a big help in her coping with this.
    This is at least some good news that he has family. We are definitely in for a college donation for Dillon....

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast