Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Boat

Charger455
    I am in the market for a deal (Aren't we all) on a Jet Boat. I have read on several occasions that some hull designs are better than others. Specifically I am looking for an open bow in the 21 ft range from the late 80's to the mid 90's. The boat will be used generally for family cruising, wake boarding and hopefully with a little sweat equity for showing off.
    I am thinking the most important part of a deal will be a good gel coat as I can re-do a damaged motor or an old interior myself.
    Any suggestions???

victorfb
    from what you described, you better be willing to pay a few bucks. 21' cruisers are getting real popular. and an open bow to boot? now your looking at an ultra, carrera, ect. those things for some reason go for ALOT. what are you willing to spend?

Cas
    I am in the market for a deal (Aren't we all) on a Jet Boat. I have read on several occasions that some hull designs are better than others. Specifically I am looking for an open bow in the 21 ft range from the late 80's to the mid 90's. The boat will be used generally for family cruising, wake boarding and hopefully with a little sweat equity for showing off.
    I am thinking the most important part of a deal will be a good gel coat as I can re-do a damaged motor or an old interior myself.
    Any suggestions???
    here's one in Marysville, not sure if it's a 21' though -
    http://images.craigslist.org/0101100...651d375500d42e .jpg
    1988 Daytona jet boat open bow, 350 chevy berkeley pump. MSD Marine ignition MSD billit distributor,soft touch rev limiter,swim step, bimini top, runs great looks great! 7,800 o.b.o

Charger455
    Not sure whats out there. I figured in the $10k range if it needed some work.

victorfb
    Not sure whats out there. I figured in the $10k range if it needed some work.
    well now were talkin. with 10K im sure you can find a nice cruiser. i for one could never pay that much for a boat that no matter how nice it seems, id still take it apart and go through it all and spend waaaaaayyy too much doing so. kudos to you man. i think your on the right track. now figure out how far youd be willing to drive to get this boat and narrow it down.

GUGS102
    I sort of in the same boat, no pun intended. I am searching for a 21' open bow jet. I've heard the Carreras are very solid but ride like shit with a jet. Althoug I've got a buddy with a 20.5 elite with a bravo and it rides great.
    So some of you guys with experience, help us out here. Which hulls are better for what? Which ones are too heavy to get out of their own way with less that 600Hp?
    Not trying to jack the thread hoping we can use the same info. The 10-14K range is doable for a nice piece.
    Gugs

Mr. Crusader 83
    There is one in the san diego craigslist, that i went and looked at. Needed some jel repair, and it had a bad vibration. He wanted $4000 for it. Its a red and grey 21ft commander. 454 with a berkeley.

mdunn01
    from what you described, you better be willing to pay a few bucks. 21' cruisers are getting real popular. and an open bow to boot? now your looking at an ultra, carrera, ect. those things for some reason go for ALOT. what are you willing to spend?
    You know what, you are exactly correct, they are expensive and getting popular, I just got mine for $9,500 and it was a deal and extremely nice.
    Mike
    Have a look at my boat, they are out there and I felt this is the best one for as many people you can place ion there.http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...ghlight=Bahner

victorfb
    great looking boat man. and at 9500 turn key, id say it a good deal. like you said, they are in demand and getting harder to find deals. congrats on your new boat and enjoy. i wish you many many years of enjoyment with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast