Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Day

Hustler
    The lack of common sense and courtesy has alot to do with the accidents and near accidents that seem to be occuring every weekend on the river these days, but for arguments sack, why do people feel the need to float on a narrow body of water, with people coming at them from every direction, no matter what the speed. RiverToyJas says he was nearly T-boned by a 21ft Essex full of people. I bet they werent going more than 48,mph, set on kill.
    So people should'nt ski, wake board, tube or just stop and cool down so you can drive up and down the freeway @ 70 spliting tubers and people floating. I never knew the river was an interstate. Just keep this in mind. the guy doing 70 between traffic will be the one cited for speed and unsafe operation.:idea:

Bad Baja
    I am not trying to say that the river isnt for everyone to enjoy. I am not complaining about getting out of the gas, what I am irritated with is that these boats pulling these tubes were driving like they were the only boats on the most narrow part of the river. I am considerate and do not thread the needle, But it is amazing to me how people can drive so irresponsibly with their kids being flung around on a tube. There is a time and place to put your kid in a whip at 40 mph and I dont think the river at 5 in the afternoon with all the drunk sandbar traffic is the place. Im not saying you dont have the right to do it, all I am saying is it probably isnt the best thing to do. Heres the deal, when I am following your tube waiting for you to whip your kids around and I have to slowdown and come off plane and put my passengers in danger of the drunk a-hole that is coming up my ass at 80 mph just so you can whip your kids infront of another boat you are just asking for trouble. Too many boats, too many inexperienced drunk drivers, not enough river for everyone. If you want to tube, ski, wakeboard go find a nice cove that has better water and less traffic. By the threads I have read lately it seems to be getting worse with accidents and fatalities. All I am saying is use better judgement when putting your kids in a situation.

Hustler
    I am not trying to say that the river isnt for everyone to enjoy. I am not complaining about getting out of the gas, what I am irritated with is that these boats pulling these tubes were driving like they were the only boats on the most narrow part of the river. I am considerate and do not thread the needle, But it is amazing to me how people can drive so irresponsibly with their kids being flung around on a tube. There is a time and place to put your kid in a whip at 40 mph and I dont think the river at 5 in the afternoon with all the drunk sandbar traffic is the place. Im not saying you dont have the right to do it, all I am saying is it probably isnt the best thing to do. Heres the deal, when I am following your tube waiting for you to whip your kids around and I have to slowdown and come off plane and put my passengers in danger of the drunk a-hole that is coming up my ass at 80 mph just so you can whip your kids infront of another boat you are just asking for trouble. Too many boats, too many inexperienced drunk drivers, not enough river for everyone. If you want to tube, ski, wakeboard go find a nice cove that has better water and less traffic. By the threads I have read lately it seems to be getting worse with accidents and fatalities. All I am saying is use better judgement when putting your kids in a situation.
    I see the same thing with tubers all the time and by no means am I condoning there actions. Very seldome do I find some one pulling a tuber that is aware of there surroundings and will tow in a straight line if some one is getting ready to pass. those people get a freindly wave the others get told there #1. If I have to slow down due to traffic so be it. I may not like it but I do it any ways. I hate all the traffic that has shown in the last few years but every one has right to there just as we do. The guys that runs past you a couple feet off your side at 70+ are the ones that worry me.

fatboy95
    Obviously you're the type that has the need for speed Try it sometime. I think you will find it just as enjoyable if not more then running 70mph. This reminds me of a group of riders I run with that only knows one speed (85mph) no matter where we run to. Our last run a few month ago was up north (hwy 395) to June Lake Loop....you guessed it....85mph. But I would only run 60 - 65mph just to be able to see and smell the meadows through Olancha, to smell to odor of Owens dry lake, to see the herds of Antalope in the meadows between Lonepine and Bishop. one word AMAZING! ! ! When we got to our destination I was blabbering about the views and smells I experienced on the way up and every single other rider had no idea what I was talking about. SOME TIMES it is good to experiance a floatilla.....
    I also did not know that the middle of the river was a "No Parking" zone...go figure
    aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, nothing better than the smell of Napalm in the morning...

Havasu Luvr
    aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, nothing better than the smell of Napalm in the morning...
    You smell that son? Nothing in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like Victory ! ! ! :sqeyes:

havaduner
    Hmmmmm? I must re-evaluate my understanding of the river. You are right, I do NOT stop on the freeways and my appoligies to you and EVERY OTHER IDIOT who thinks the river is a freeway. :idea: I'll make sure I pull over at the nearest rest stop or off ramp.....
    Wow, now I'm an IDIOT! But thanks for the apology anyway All I do ask, before you exercise your god given right to stop ANYWHERE YOU PLEASE, is to look around to make sure IT IS SAFE TO DO SO!

Kilrtoy
    Wow, now I'm an IDIOT! But thanks for the apology anyway All I do ask, before you exercise your god given right to stop ANYWHERE YOU PLEASE, is to look around to make sure IT IS SAFE TO DO SO!
    You have done it now, everyone is gonna wanna shove your head up your ass now...

havaduner
    So people should'nt ski, wake board, tube or just stop and cool down so you can drive up and down the freeway @ 70 spliting tubers and people floating. I never knew the river was an interstate. Just keep this in mind. the guy doing 70 between traffic will be the one cited for speed and unsafe operation.:idea:
    Who said my boat will even do 70? Everyone has the same right to enjoy themselves, and we all work hard to enjoy our time at the water and everyone does it in their own fashion. All I am asking is that people use common sense, and COURTESY when they are on the water and maybe these threads of how accidents happen or nearly happen will slow down.

Havasu Luvr
    You have done it now, everyone is gonna wanna shove your head up your ass now...
    Hey Miguel, no worries, he's doing a great job all by himself. Yet another water educated "HOT BOATER" who exercises their tax payers rights and not the laws of the waterways. I've heard that I too have my head up my ass....it's a wonderful feeling

Havasu Luvr
    Who said my boat will even do 70? Everyone has the same right to enjoy themselves, and we all work hard to enjoy our time at the water and everyone does it in their own fashion. All I am asking is that people use common sense, and COURTESY when they are on the water and maybe these threads of how accidents happen or nearly happen will slow down.
    Agreed:idea:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast