Thread: how many breathers when runnin puke tank??

IMPATIENT 1
    how many breathers do you guys runnin puke tanks use? do you just use the 2 on the puke tank to ventilate the block or do you use any on the v/covers at all? should i plug the covers and just let the puke tank do the work or run breathers in the covers too? i'm sick of my transom being covered in oil from wot passes thanx, tom

Squeezing Spectra
    If you run breathers on the valve covers as well as the puke tank it will kinda defeat the purpose of the puke tank

IMPATIENT 1
    If you run breathers on the valve covers as well as the puke tank it will kinda defeat the purpose of the puke tank
    that's what i was thinkin,i bought v/cover oil caps last nite and stuck those in. my headers get so hot, when oil hits them, they turn into little fireballs

http://www.stefs.com/products/drysum...eathertank.htm
    Bottom of the page center is pretty popular with marine engines. It has 2 breathers and a petcock in the center for drainage. Fittings can be AN/Pipe/or tubes for slip on hoses.

Big Inch
    that's what i was thinkin,i bought v/cover oil caps last nite and stuck those in. my headers get so hot, when oil hits them, they turn into little fireballs
    Have you checked your plugs? Usually when your headers start glowing it's because you are running too lean.

IMPATIENT 1
    Have you checked your plugs? Usually when your headers start glowing it's because you are running too lean.
    yeah, it got lean but the plugs still look great, the insulators are perfect and the strap is heating up right. my fuel supply isn't keeping up with the motors fuel demands so i installed another holley black pump in series so now its got 2 140gph pumps pushing fuel to the 5port regulator, to the carbs and returning in frt of the 1st pump. i also found that my tx-19 condor never came with tank vents! so i've got it all under control now , it should be ok, but i'll keep an eye on my a/f meter for awhile. i've also got a fuel pressure gauge i use that has a min/max recorder so i can see how low my pressure gets at wot. i'm pretty sure the fuel system issues are corrected now.gonna go to a meet saturday and find out fo sho

Big Inch
    yeah, it got lean but the plugs still look great, the insulators are perfect and the strap is heating up right. my fuel supply isn't keeping up with the motors fuel demands so i installed another holley black pump in series so now its got 2 140gph pumps pushing fuel to the 5port regulator, to the carbs and returning in frt of the 1st pump. i also found that my tx-19 condor never came with tank vents! so i've got it all under control now , it should be ok, but i'll keep an eye on my a/f meter for awhile. i've also got a fuel pressure gauge i use that has a min/max recorder so i can see how low my pressure gets at wot. i'm pretty sure the fuel system issues are corrected now.gonna go to a meet saturday and find out fo sho
    Let us know how it turns out

uLtRADeNniS
    What Fuel Pressure are you running? And what carb?

IMPATIENT 1
    What Fuel Pressure are you running? And what carb?
    my pressure was @8psi but i could tell it'd drained all 4 bowls when it did it.750 4150's the fuel system trouble should be fixed, i just had a volume issue and it should be fine now.

IMPATIENT 1
    Let us know how it turns out
    will do