Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Day

jjk94
    After all that is happened the last week at topock you would think that some people would get a clue. Around 4:30-5 Sat afternoon north of moabi, People in the water, scattered boats floating, And mass of boats driving up and down the river, Here comes the IMCO boat doing 70+ weaving in and out. As if it wasn't enough to go up river, they turn around and do the same thing down river. There must be a better time then that to fulfill the need for speed. Wonder whats going to happen when the sheriffs get sued enough times for not enforcing and some unwanted regulations are passed.

SummerBreeze
    I don't think everyone gets the information like we do on ***boat

RiverToysJas
    Yep, anyone who boats between Needles and the Sandbar on a regular basis can tell close-call stories all day long. I can't even count the number of times we've been soaked by bow spray from a passing boat or PWC.
    Last summer we were floating between Needles and Moabi eating some lunch in the boat. Wide open, straight section. Just drifting. A green and white 21-22' Essex openbow nearly t-boned us. He had people sitting in the bow and couldn't see straight ahead. The people didn't point us out until the last minute...when I was grabbing my kids and heading to the floor of the boat. He turned so hard all I could see was the bottom of his boat as he went around us at the last minute.
    That's a narrow, crowded river.....getting more crowded all the time.
    RTJas

havaduner
    Yep, anyone who boats between Needles and the Sandbar on a regular basis can tell close-call stories all day long. I can't even count the number of times we've been soaked by bow spray from a passing boat or PWC.
    Last summer we were floating between Needles and Moabi eating some lunch in the boat. Wide open, straight section. Just drifting. A green and white 21-22' Essex openbow nearly t-boned us. He had people sitting in the bow and couldn't see straight ahead. The people didn't point us out until the last minute...when I was grabbing my kids and heading to the floor of the boat. He turned so hard all I could see was the bottom of his boat as he went around us at the last minute.
    That's a narrow, crowded river.....getting more crowded all the time.
    RTJas
    As long as I have been going to the river/Havi (a long time) I have never understood how people can feel comfortable with just floating down the river while other boats are motoring by. If anything, you are a navigating hazard, as most of the time floating boats tend to be in the middle of the river.

boatsnblondes
    As long as I have been going to the river/Havi (a long time) I have never understood how people can feel comfortable with just floating down the river while other boats are motoring by. If anything, you are a navigating hazard, as most of the time floating boats tend to be in the middle of the river.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1187024680
    Munch munch munch....dish ish good shtuff..........:devil: :devil: :devil:

phebus
    The no wake section in the gorge is an awesome float area. Safe and beautifull.

Hustler
    Floating hazard or not, WTF makes people think they can bob and weave through traffic at 70+ MPH?

phebus
    Floating the river, and fast boats have been part of the river experience forever.
    Unfortunately crowds and faster boats have made it an unsafe combination.
    Oh, for the good old days. Gone forever.

RiverToysJas
    That's boating....... Your right to drive 70+ is not more important than my right to float.
    RTJas

Jbb
    Hey....you got you're chocolate......In my peanut butter....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast