Wow don't know a good way to start this so here goes....
Last Friday I recieved a call from S B S D (friend) and he proceeds to explain the boat accident north of Havasu (involving the Fountain boat) He states "I know you know alot of people who have fountains and wonder if you have any idea who owns"... etc etc etc... I have also recieved a few phone calls from people (none LEO) asking the same..... I DON'T and would press that person to do the right thing or else... A LIFE WAS LOST.....
Reading the posts where several people are pulled over and fearful to go on the water makes me angry NOT AT LEO's OR curious people who walk up to the boats to inspect BUT ANGRY at the person who is causing this... I AM NOT placing blame on them for the accident BUT angry at what it is doing to me mentally and to our boating community....
Here is what I want to do to help...
Place a full page ad in ***boat magazine ASAP with the details of the accident and description of the boat. Somebody knows somebody who knows somebody who know this boat....
I will cover a MIN of $100 or a max of $500 of the cost of this... If anybody else whould like to contribute to this PLEASE SPEAK UP...
I in no way feel guilty about this accident just want to help..
By doing this MORE SHOPS (Fiberglass etc) will know to look at work they have done or are doing... We are in the Hotaboat world Do we know if there was a hit and run of a m/c rider??? I don't and take cars in for body work all the time...
Just an idea...