Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: ***boaters Unite..... I we need this...

DogMan
    I would hope the LE is working with witness's to come up with a better discription of the boat, or an artist sketch or something that could be published, rather that post up a random pic of someones Fountain. This person was alert enough, smart enough, and lucky enough to disapear fast with a pretty unique boat. I doubt he would be dumb enough to have the boat fixed at any shops anywhere. It's tucked away, and if he's smart, that boat won't be moved for a year or so. Getting a color sketch, or picture if it's a close match published, is a great idea. So many power boaters hate "lake lice", it's very possible these people could have had help in there get away, or hide away...:idea: Anybody check Killrtoy's garage?

DeathFlightMedic
    If there is a need to print fliers I can do about 10,000 at no cost. I would just need someone to creat the flier and email it to me. After that we would need a plan on getting the fliers posted at launch ramps, marinas and services shops.
    I can make shure they get handed out in topock and park moabi, just let me know!

meaniam
    I would hope the LE is working with witness's to come up with a better discription of the boat, or an artist sketch or something that could be published, rather that post up a random pic of someones Fountain. This person was alert enough, smart enough, and lucky enough to disapear fast with a pretty unique boat. I doubt he would be dumb enough to have the boat fixed at any shops anywhere. It's tucked away, and if he's smart, that boat won't be moved for a year or so. Getting a color sketch, or picture if it's a close match published, is a great idea. So many power boaters hate "lake lice", it's very possible these people could have had help in there get away, or hide away...:idea: Anybody check Killrtoy's garage?
    i doubt anyone hates lake lice enough to ignore the problem. good idea. just curious how many innocent people might be dragged thru this.

RiverToysJas
    May sound like a stretch, but what about America's Most Wanted?
    I was thinking the same thing!
    Cases to be profiled on AMW are carefully chosen from the hundreds of requests we receive every week. Due to the high volume of requests we often need to make tough decisions when it comes to choosing which cases to profile. We make every attempt to cover cases from all parts of the country and all type of crimes. Our ultimate goal is to give a voice to the maximum number of victims possible and help find missing children and bring fugitives to justice.
    If you would like to have a case considered for the show, please send all facts to:
    America's Most Wanted
    PO Box Crime TV
    Washington DC 20016
    Please make sure to note whether there is a known fugitive charged with the crime, or whether the perpetrator is yet to be identified. If charges have been filed, please note the police agency that filed the charges. It is also helpful to let us know what photos and/or video are available of the victim and the fugitive.
    NOTE: We are not able to return materials, so do not send original or irreplaceable photos, documents, etc.

Redwing247
    Jay... got your PM, need addy.

pixilatedpussy
    Wow don't know a good way to start this so here goes....
    Last Friday I recieved a call from S B S D (friend) and he proceeds to explain the boat accident north of Havasu (involving the Fountain boat) He states "I know you know alot of people who have fountains and wonder if you have any idea who owns"... etc etc etc... I have also recieved a few phone calls from people (none LEO) asking the same..... I DON'T and would press that person to do the right thing or else... A LIFE WAS LOST.....
    Reading the posts where several people are pulled over and fearful to go on the water makes me angry NOT AT LEO's OR curious people who walk up to the boats to inspect BUT ANGRY at the person who is causing this... I AM NOT placing blame on them for the accident BUT angry at what it is doing to me mentally and to our boating community....
    Here is what I want to do to help...
    Place a full page ad in ***boat magazine ASAP with the details of the accident and description of the boat. Somebody knows somebody who knows somebody who know this boat....
    I will cover a MIN of $100 or a max of $500 of the cost of this... If anybody else whould like to contribute to this PLEASE SPEAK UP...
    I in no way feel guilty about this accident just want to help..
    By doing this MORE SHOPS (Fiberglass etc) will know to look at work they have done or are doing... We are in the Hotaboat world Do we know if there was a hit and run of a m/c rider??? I don't and take cars in for body work all the time...
    Just an idea...
    Great idea Jay! Let Geza or I know what you need from us to get this moving!

PHOTOGLOU
    This is a great idea.
    Someone had mentioned that the boat might be at the bottom of the lake or parted out (gonzo).....doesnt matter.
    There is some mechanic/previous owner/friend/etc that has put their hands on that boat and can say who the current owner is.
    SoCalJetBoats.com is in for this for $100.00.
    I say once enough money is raised for the ad, the remainder raised should be put forward as reward money for the arrest of this man.
    I will continue to follow this thread.
    -Brad
    Brad... We have reached 9 people and $450 for this one cause... I will be listing the 9 people next...

driverno8
    Hey guys I'm in for doing the flyer/brochure and any digital retouching to any photos to get us a good description. It's what I do for a living. Just need a few thing from you guys and I'll get started:
    1. Size/s we're running (someone mentioned printing flyers, PM me the size/specs you want to run, color, b&w, etc)
    2. Any text you guys want on the ads
    3. Photos you guys want me to start with and what you want me to do to them.
    Offers good for all printed media, ie? HB, newspaper, brochures/flyers, etc.
    PM or call
    Matt
    O: 760-243-9774
    C: 760-954-4801
    I'm also in for pitching in some coin towards media placement and/or reward.

PHOTOGLOU
    This is impressive...
    I would like us to thank 8 others for thinking about how to make a difference (sp?) in this tragedy... AS WELL AS everyone who has posted in these threads about this accident. I have stopped taking donations for the on air video that Uncle Larry has/is putting together.
    1. PHOTOGLOU $50
    2. KACHINA26 $50
    3. HAVASU LUVR $50
    4. REDNECK $50
    5. OPINIONATED $50
    6. RIVERBOUND $50
    7. LHC30 VICTORY $50
    8. REDWING247 $50
    9. GLAMASU $50
    I have posted these names to show who has sent money. I have posted the number to show what order I was able to get back to them and to show that every dollar is being sent to Uncle Larry to pay for T.V. spots...
    Alot of people have offered more than $50 and I don't feel right accepting more than WE have already commited to put out...
    I want us to see Uncle Larry's finished spot and try to get EVERY national news agency to run this on the news (FREE) as a news story.
    If that fails and WE don't have a person in custody or boat located before the deadline to get into next months ***boat magazine I think WE should find a way to get this story in there....
    WHAT A GREAT FAMILY WE HAVE...

Mardonzi
    Jay,, tried to call you this afternoon,, left my number. I'll gladly put in for it. Just PM me an address where to send it to.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast