Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Apnea

marty722
    Ok like most of us have I just came back from the Dr and found out that in one Hr I stop breathing 81 times.... Damm I surprised I'm still alive.. So my question is to you guys that have those funny masks how are you getting use to them? I freaked when they put the full mask on me so I have to have a half mask that just covers the nose. What is the best what that you guys found to work into getting use to sleeping with this thing at night? I was told to use it for 2 hrs a night while watching tv for 1 week until I get use to it and then try sleeping with it. But I'm thinking that I just want to jump right in and sleep with it.... What has worked for you guys??? I know this is kind of personal but hell I never see any of you guys anyways so what the hell....:idea: I won't get it for a week or two but I want to be ready. Thanks.

RitcheyRch
    There was a thread awhile back with al ton of good info.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...ighlight=apnea

marty722
    awsome thanks

2forcefull
    Yeah, well, my doc said the same thing, he also said "you might try losing some weight" I was up to 210-215 . he said all that fat was choking me!
    so I lost 45 +-lbs , in two months, stay'n right at 163/165 lbs no more problems and I don't have to wear the mask.
    now when I wake up gasping for air, someone really is sitting on my face!

marty722
    now when I wake up gasping for air, someone really is sitting on my face
    that may be a good thing

2forcefull
    no!!! it's a great thing!!!

boatsnblondes
    Take a look at the thread, relax, get the machine, sleep like a baby again....you got nothing to worry about....takes a couple weeks to get used to sleeping with the mask..then your fine....need to know more? PM me....

RitcheyRch
    No problem. I really need to start trying to wear my mask. Getting tired of waking up with bruises on my body from my gf hitting me during the night to stop me from snoring.
    awsome thanks

marty722
    No problem. I really need to start trying to wear my mask. Getting tired of waking up with bruises on my body from my gf hitting me during the night to stop me from snoring.
    If you don't mind why are you not wearing it? Is it because you are not use to it? Or you just don't want to? Don't you feel better when you do?

RitcheyRch
    Still not use to it. I can make it through about 4 hours with it. My eyes are very sensitive and when wake up in the middle of the night and see it close to my eyes it freaks me out so I take it off.
    If you don't mind why are you not wearing it? Is it because you are not use to it? Or you just don't want to? Don't you feel better when you do?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast