Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Apnea

Baja Big Dog
    There are some other devices you can try, one is a nasal nozzle, it has two soft flared rubber devices that fit into your nostrils. it has a head piece that is comfortable. Regardless of the device you use or try, make sure you use the machine, C-pap Or D-pap.
    It can be a matter of life or death!!!
    Im on a D-pap, at 14 lbs pressure, and it "learns" your breathing pattern after about 4-5 breaths, it decreases the pressure when you exhale.
    I am in process of taking classes for Gastric bypass, and in talking to many that have had the surgery, they claim the need for the machine goes away with weight loss!!!

Baja Big Dog
    Marty.I PM'ed you ....

WishIknew
    Once you get used to this you cant live without it learn how to tolerate it asap trust me it is 1000% the best money i ever spent!!!!!!!!

OCMerrill
    Still not use to it. I can make it through about 4 hours with it. My eyes are very sensitive and when wake up in the middle of the night and see it close to my eyes it freaks me out so I take it off.
    Your still not down with it? Just like me when I first started. It is a bit tough to get used to but keep up the battle every night and then it will eventually just click.
    Keep up with it RR and eventually you won't want to sleep without it.

boatsnblondes
    For you guys that do NOT like the mask....I use this.....much less intrusive, stays out of my way sleeping.....please try it...I will post a link to the site for you...feel free to shop it a little, ebay does have them also.....best to you all...[B]
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1187068199
    Here is the link to the site.....
    http://mscpap.org/store/product_info...40c830ef992d0d

Baja Big Dog
    For you guys that do NOT like the mask....I use this.....much less intrusive, stays out of my way sleeping.....please try it...I will post a link to the site for you...feel free to shop it a little, ebay does have them also.....best to you all...[B]
    Ah...the power of Hot Boat...this is the one, if you check with your insurance company, they may cover this, some insurance's let you get a new mask twice a year.
    Don't think this will work on Bi pap (D pap)...some have asked what a Bi pap is, is is the same basic machine as a C pap on the outside, but the Bi pap allows for higher pressures, most C pap's are up to 10-12's, and it delivers a constant pressure that you have to breath through when you exhale, this sometimes is uncomfortable for some, I didn't have a problem when I used the C pap.
    The Bi pap goes to higher pressures, mines at 15-16, and the Bi pap "learns" your breathing pattern after the first three to four breaths. So when you exhale the machine reduces the output pressure to make it easier to exhale.
    Don't know much after about ten breaths, I am normally out by then!!!!!

marty722
    Ah...the power of Hot Boat...this is the one, if you check with your insurance company, they may cover this, some insurance's let you get a new mask twice a year.
    Don't think this will work on Bi pap (D pap)...some have asked what a Bi pap is, is is the same basic machine as a C pap on the outside, but the Bi pap allows for higher pressures, most C pap's are up to 10-12's, and it delivers a constant pressure that you have to breath through when you exhale, this sometimes is uncomfortable for some, I didn't have a problem when I used the C pap.
    The Bi pap goes to higher pressures, mines at 15-16, and the Bi pap "learns" your breathing pattern after the first three to four breaths. So when you exhale the machine reduces the output pressure to make it easier to exhale.
    Don't know much after about ten breaths, I am normally out by then!!!!!
    thats the one they used on me in the sleep study alot nicer then the full mask.

RitcheyRch
    I always figured it would be a piece of cake sleeping with it. Its tougher than it looks thats for sure.
    Your still not down with it? Just like me when I first started. It is a bit tough to get used to but keep up the battle every night and then it will eventually just click.
    Keep up with it RR and eventually you won't want to sleep without it.
    I have tried this one and it irritates my nostrils.

gramps
    Good luck to everyone trying to get used to using the mask. After 3 or so years of trying I threw mine away...............I tried about 8 different ones and just couldn't get one to fit right. They all leaked and blew air towards my eyes. I think the weight thing is valid, just not that eay to loose any pounds.

RitcheyRch
    I was told that weight isnt always an issue. The disorder center told me that they have seen some extremely thin patients with sleep apnea.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast