Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Long Beach Pics

GofastRacer
    I have nothing to do with the tune up that Arts department
    Well not really, told Brad I could give him a bunch more to kick some ass but he said it was running great the way it was and wanted to leave it that way, okkk you're the boss!..LOL..
    Art no Ming we need your lauching skills, you got the van down.
    No money tree here the Beach killed me!.. BTW, you know what you can do with that POS van!...

FLATMVN
    Flatmvn some very nice pics there thanks. What type of camera and lens did you use for them? Tripod?
    Mike.
    Thanks for the compliment. My camera is a Nikon D-50. The lens is a Nikon Zoom lens 300-700. No tripod love doing it the hard way. I shoot a sequence and hope and pray that I get the one pic that is going to make all of you guys say, Great Job.
    I do this for fun. The pics I post are not the best ones that I take. I save those for myself or I will give them to the racers on occasion.
    Thanks again for the compliment and thanks to all the other members of HB that appreciate my effort.
    Louis.

Moneypitt
    Tony you are right, that course at the beach was WAY short of a mile, agreed 100%......So trying to gear a boat to a real 1 1/4 course by dropping a gear is, IMO, wrong based on the Beach......
    PS Tony Ron Hill PM'd me for your number and I gave it to him.....Maxie's "boys" said I should, and it would be OK...

VDRIVERACING
    Long Beach/Bako aside - Why would one put shorter gears(22's) on a longer course?
    Intuitively it seems the shorter gears would provide the acceleration tradeoff for the short course, whereas the taller gears (25's) would capitalize on the opportunity for top end on the longer course.
    I crave enlightenment!

Moneypitt
    Long Beach/Bako aside - Why would one put shorter gears(22's) on a longer course?
    Intuitively it seems the shorter gears would provide the acceleration tradeoff for the short course, whereas the taller gears (25's) would capitalize on the opportunity for top end on the longer course.
    I crave enlightenment!
    True, however, the 22s may put the motor into a happier spot, the Gilbert power could realy come alive above 7500...:sqeyes: .........MP

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345