Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: guess it was a lemonnator

gome inc.
    Bought a boat awile back thing looks so sweet. Motor runs like a bat out of hell. only problem is the first time i took it out. A crack appeared in the back of the boat and took on water. So i took it in to be repaired. Got it back it all looked good so i took it out to mohave did not even get 1000' past no wake zone and started to take on water. Got it out and notice a hole in a new location. took it to 2 places there oppion was it was from prior damage. And a poor patch job was applied and simply fell off when i took it out. Besides that most of the sponsuns were delaminating. The only thing that boat has hit since i owned it was the water.
    my fault for not looking more at the bottom of the boat.so to all those looking for a boat be sure to check all your bases. just because it looks good doesnt mean it is good. this will be an expensive lesson for me. $10,000.00 of fiberglass work on a boat that was" turn key"

HemiDude
    If the previous owner had knowledge of a prior accident, you might have legal recourse. For 10 g's I would consider a very threatening letter from a good lawyer to whom ever you bought the boat from to see if you can "discover" the truth. Let me know if you need one.
    People should not f**k other people to gain a "buck"....looks like this may be the case.
    Just my two copper pennies....

BlueNun
    That could of been very bad if you would have been injured or killed..... I would contact the prior owner for sure.

'75 Miller
    Sorry someone did you dirty. Did you buy it off someone on this site? Anyone the rest of us should avoid doing business with? Again, sorry for your loss.

obnoxious001
    I am a little surprised that if the hull is really that bad, that it was not noticed when you first took it in for repairs. I understand that you may not have had the experience to spot the damage. I normally tell friends to make sure they water test any boat they purchase, but recently helped a friend buy one that was not quite ready to run, thinking we were getting an honest story about it. Fixed a few things, rebuilt carbs,, new battery,, etc,, went to water,, sure enough, a significant leak as soon as it was backed into the water, didn't even get it off the trailer. To the seller's credit, he offered a full refund on the boat, but did not want to help with repairs. The boat is desireable enough that I think we are keeping it, but hard to figure that the previous owner never took a few minutes to figure out where water was coming in the boat, rather than assuming it was just a faulty J drain.

gome inc.
    I am a little surprised that if the hull is really that bad, that it was not noticed when you first took it in for repairs. I understand that you may not have had the experience to spot the damage. I normally tell friends to make sure they water test any boat they purchase, but recently helped a friend buy one that was not quite ready to run, thinking we were getting an honest story about it. Fixed a few things, rebuilt carbs,, new battery,, etc,, went to water,, sure enough, a significant leak as soon as it was backed into the water, didn't even get it off the trailer. To the seller's credit, he offered a full refund on the boat, but did not want to help with repairs. The boat is desireable enough that I think we are keeping it, but hard to figure that the previous owner never took a few minutes to figure out where water was coming in the boat, rather than assuming it was just a faulty J drain.
    By just looking under the boat you could not see anything. Everything was paineted nice (maybe to nice for the bottom of a boat) You would have had to crawl under the boat and push on every point of the sponsunes. In which i should have done but was to busy looking at the top in ahh.The place i took it to only repaired the spot i showed them which was 50% of the driver side sponsun and did a really great job.
    Driver side sponsun a good 80% delaminated and ready to tear open. passenger side a good a good 50 % delaminated. The scary part is the second hole was a little ahead of the driver seat. what happens if that hole catchs the water hard? to me it would seems the boat would turn and flip or at the least throw people out.. Now thats not my idea of fun.

gome inc.
    Thanks for all of your concerns

gome inc.
    so i take the upolstry off where the bulk head is. low and behold a hole is cut on the side where the damage was looked like so someone could do a repair. so i look in side and what do i c but a big patch. They even left the sand paper they used for me.

Classic Daycruiser
    Bought a boat awile back thing looks so sweet. Motor runs like a bat out of hell. only problem is the first time i took it out. A crack appeared in the back of the boat and took on water. So i took it in to be repaired. Got it back it all looked good so i took it out to mohave did not even get 1000' past no wake zone and started to take on water. Got it out and notice a hole in a new location. took it to 2 places there oppion was it was from prior damage. And a poor patch job was applied and simply fell off when i took it out. Besides that most of the sponsuns were delaminating. The only thing that boat has hit since i owned it was the water.
    my fault for not looking more at the bottom of the boat.so to all those looking for a boat be sure to check all your bases. just because it looks good doesnt mean it is good. this will be an expensive lesson for me. $10,000.00 of fiberglass work on a boat that was" turn key"
    It's all about saving a classic boat. I put a $8500 interior in my boat last year. I thought mine was a steal when I bought it in 1998 for $10,000.

tiki god
    gome inc.------ is that the white / black / candy green 21 daytona that was in spam a couple of months ago? sorry to hear about the damage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast