Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: screen names

'75 Miller
    While I am sure he is great at his job and deserves to have a bit of cynicism due to his experiences in the ............. never mind. no is the answer. You are not the only one.
    I respect very much any man or woman who chooses to go through all the school and training and such to help others in what often is a losing battle. Hell, riding in a chopper day in day out is dangerous by itself. I have great respect for anyone who would choose to take on such a job. Were I in this person's shoes I'm certain I'd be cynical as hell too. I just hope that if that was my situation I have the class to choose a less distasteful name.

Tom Brown
    How does one come up with Tom Brown.............:idea:
    My first screen name was 'Satan Worshiper' but I wanted to change it to something that gave a stronger impression of darkness and evil.

HocusPocus
    From Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, 1594:
    'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
    Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
    What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
    What's in a name? that which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet;
    So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
    Retain that dear perfection which he owes
    Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
    And for that name which is no part of thee
    Take all myself.
    in other words....
    What matters is what something is, not what it is called.

'75 Miller
    Let's ask him if he would rush into a burning building to save someone if he knew there was no chance to save the person or make it out alive himself.
    If by "him" you mean me the answer is hell no. Who would? Seems like some have the impression that I've questioned the guy's (I shouldn't assume DFMedic is a guy) courage, or I'm downplaying his valued service. This is not the case. Not even close.

Nord
    From Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, 1594:
    'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
    Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
    What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
    What's in a name? that which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet;
    So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
    Retain that dear perfection which he owes
    Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
    And for that name which is no part of thee
    Take all myself.
    in other words....
    What matters is what something is, not what it is called.
    That pretty much gay'd everything up around here.....
    Good quote btw...

Baja Big Dog
    My first screen name was 'Satan Worshiper' but I wanted to change it to something that gave a stronger impression of darkness and evil.
    Damn...I thought it was Satin...

Sleeper CP
    I'm just curious...am I the only one who thinks deathflightmedic is a terribly inappropriate name for a guy/gal who's business is the saving of lives?
    Miller, if you are thinking what I think you are the answer is : yes. It is an inappropriate name. Just look what has taken place over the last week with Sara's family. DFM wants to communicate with them and tell them how sorry he is and they have to deal with his screen name starring at them.:idea: Not exactly the best bed side manor, don't you think. Otherwise I don't give a shit what he calls himself, but trust me DFM when you read this, think about the families that you want to communicate with and rather or not your Screen Name has a positve or negative effect on them. And particuarly those that have just lost a loved one. From the outside looking in your choice of screen names (play on words or not) seams rather callous. But like I said other that I really don't care. For the record I respect what you do, I don't want anyone bashing me for that.
    Miller, I'm just guessing that was what you're thinking. Yes or no?
    Sleeper CP
    565" Ford Lover

EAZYKILLER2006
    Give me a break! Who cares what his screen name is? My name is Miss perfect. Am I really perfect? Hellllllll no...I am so far from it.
    If God forbid you had an accident on the river and you needed his help, would you turn him away because of his screen name? I think not.
    Get over yourself!
    and hell my name is
    eazy am i eazy? hell ya
    i mean no, i am not a killer...

'75 Miller
    Miller, if you are thinking what I think you are the answer is : yes. It is an inappropriate name. Just look what has taken place over the last week with Sara's family. DFM wants to communicate with them and tell them how sorry he is and they have to deal with his screen name starring at them.:idea: Not exactly the best bed side manor, don't you think. Otherwise I don't give a shit what he calls himself, but trust me DFM when you read this, think about the families that you want to communicate with and rather or not your Screen Name has a positve or negative effect on them. And particuarly those that have just lost a loved one. From the outside looking in your choice of screen names (play on words or not) seams rather callous. But like I said other that I really don't care.
    Miller, I'm just guessing that was what you're thinking. Yes or no?
    Sleeper CP
    565" Ford Lover
    Of course that's what I'm thinking. I don't know DFM, don't have beef with him or anyone else here. It just seems inconsiderate and kinda thoughtless that's all. He's not gonna get rich as a medic, so I have no doubt the Man is a caring individual interested in helping people. I honor that deeply.
    On another note, the guy's sig line is priceless! His family will never go hungry, that's for sure.

'75 Miller
    His screen name reflects the fact that it's "HE" who is called when the situation is such that time is of the essisence-> life and/or death situation. If it wasn't so then an ambulence would have been summoned. Maybe the SC evolved because that's what he needs to keep his mind focused on what he's out their doing.
    Personally I just think you're being chickensh*t over nothing to gain a lil attention for yourself. If it was you or yours that he came to assist, you wouldn't give a rat's ass if he called himself "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
    Just STFU and be grateful there are those willing to do the job.
    Rio
    Gain attention for myself? From who? A bunch of people I don't even know? Read my prior posts sir, before you imply that I don't respect or appreciate what these guys do. I know if the chopper's called in there's a damn good chance it's a life and death situation. Just seems strange to me that the man would choose to see the glass as half empty.
    Gain attention for myself...that's priceless.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast