Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: screen names

2Driver
    Good idea,
    I guess our sense of humor aka "stress relief"
    might offend others...
    At the end of the day none this really amounts to much and is just semantics. A lot of it is just perception or perhaps opinion based on past experiences. Most of us partly understand what EMT/Flight/Fire and LE contribute and must go through. My nephew is an EMT in inner city Baltimore an I get the stories and I can understand the inner joking and stress relief stuff and have heard it.
    The general public on the other hand would like to believe you guys are 110% focused on saving lives, as we know you are. So when a professional in the field of saving lives publicly portrays himself as a death flight medic it seems in contrast to what everyone wants to think of when they think of a medical professional coming in to save a life. Trust me, when my 2 year old lay bleeding to death on our kitchen floor and my wife held him from bleeding to death, if the EMT said I am calling the air corpse-taxi it would not have been good.
    At the end of the day most of the banter here is just opinions to which everyone has a right to one. Perhaps the best thing to do here in this forum is to agree to disagree but that would not be any fun I'm done

mbrown2
    My name makes everyone think I'm an unlucky, short, fat and bald guy....pretty offensive now that I think about it
    LMAO....
    Boy....the flames of political correctness around this place sure keep fanning lately....
    Lots of folks trying to push their views onto others...:idea:

westair
    LMAO....
    Boy....the flames of political correctness around this place sure keep fanning lately....
    Fock political correctness ..... ruining this great country!!

Sleeper CP
    LMAO....
    If trying to show some sensitivity (or the thought of being sensitive) to a dead 10 year olds family is now considered "polictcal correctness" then I just learned two things today: I quess I'm now a polictical correct stupid person. :idea: Oh shit, I guess I'll vote for Hillary now.
    Wow, I guess you are never to old to learn something new.
    If that is what I am I guess I'll have to live with that.
    Actually neither Jbb, or I ever demanded he change his name (suggested yes), but that he may want to consider how a dead persons family might perceive it. As stated under any other circumstance I wouldn't really give a shit or even comment on it.
    Now, I'm off to drink myself to sleep with all of the bad news I learned today.
    Sleeper CP
    Political Correct Stupid Clinton supporting person
    Boy is my family going to be surprised tomorrow

Sleek-Jet
    If trying to show some sensitivity (or the thought of being sensitive) to a dead 10 year olds family is now considered "polictcal correctness" then I just learned two things today: I quess I'm now a polictical correct stupid person. :idea: Oh shit, I guess I'll vote for Hillary now.
    With all due respect to the grieving family, they are not required to come on here and read the posts or screen names...
    And if a screen name offends them, they also have the option of blocking that user in the CP just like the rest of us do...

C-2
    Bad part is people are rippin on the guy for his screen name, and he probably doesn't even know this post is here?
    :
    Not to split hairs, but he did invite such a thread.
    I think it was more of a bad timing issue. If he had been posting on here for years, then his input would have seemed more routine, than dramatic.

EAZYKILLER2006
    ...as long as you didn't send a death flight medic to pick me up.:jawdrop:
    I put my life in gods hands, every day
    but when the DEVIL calls for me ...
    I just DON'T answer

DeathFlightMedic
    I'm just curious...am I the only one who thinks deathflightmedic is a terribly inappropriate name for a guy/gal who's business is the saving of lives?
    Wow……I got under somebody’s skin. Isn’t it amazing how many judgments about me are being thrown around, and just because of my name! How many of you know me, and have actually met me? Who know what I’m about, what I support, and how I live my life? I can think of very few who actually have. And here we are with a whole thread about my name!
    Good thing a stumbled upon it, because I’m sure the whole point was to discuss it without me knowing. To bash me in the dark, so very brave. If you had taken the time to get to know me you would understand I would never do this to you, Hell I even took the high road and apologized for the remarks I made about you. And what happened next, you attempted to start a whole Bash the DFMedic Thread over political beliefs, nothing more!!!!
    Honestly, would anything I have said carry les meaning if I called myself Riverslutfuc or pussyrrock1? Would my passion for advocating SOBER DRIVING and BOATER SAFTY be any less? I would like to think it wouldn’t.
    So for the record I WILL NOT CHANGE MY NAME. It is my coping mechanism, my CISD. I will not apologies for it, or make excuses for it. If you want me gone, then take it up with the site admin. (Even though you probably have)
    For all of you out there who support my right to name myself anything I want, Thank you. Keep up the good work. I have said it before I would rather read the book than burn it just for the cover, and apparently you agree.
    And to 75 Miller, you are a coward. You have proved it more through your actions now more than your words ever could. Next time you have a problem come to me face to face, rather than stabbing me in the back.
    This is the last I will say on this subject.

C-2
    I think since it has been explained more in detail and is apparently commpnplace, your name makes more sense, and you meant no ill-will in the threads.
    I originally posted I thought yiur name was in poor taste, which I will say was wrong, since again, it is an apparent common term. So sorry on my end, again I think it was all about timing.

Mattman
    I'm confused. Would Mr. C*ck blocker short bus window licker be an offensive screen name?:idea:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast