Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Playinwithfyr
    I have a question here and anyone who understands the boat manufacturing process would help.
    We have a boat that is being built, it just came out of the mold last week. Went to go check on it yesterday and discovered that they cut the open bow area to large, the boat is a mid cuddy and we specified that we wanted a larger mid cuddy, smaller open bow.
    Obviously, the cuts were wrong so now they are extending the cuddy.
    They removed the bulkhead, and are adding a 9" piece of fiberglass (what was cut from the bow area) to the top of the deck. They are glassing that in and will not show a seam (I hope).
    They had just put the deck (flooring) in and will now have to cut it back 12" to accomdate the larger cuddy. My biggest concern is the top 9" piece, will it be strong and never show any stress cracks in a few years, not to mention the overall structural integrity. My question here is, would you let them do this or just build you a new boat? any input would be great.

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
    I dont know about how strong it would be, but new boat should be asked for. They fu**ed up dont try to cheeseball it right!(good luck)
    BIG JOE SSMF

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
    If it was me.....and I ordered specifics that were not followed, I would have them re-do it the way it was ordered. I would never pay for a hack job that I might be bringing back again and again for repairs because the builder screwed up. Why should you have to live with that if they messed up? Just my opinion.:idea:

rrrr
    Awwww hell no.....
    That mid cabin piece handles a lot of stress.
    Plus you're paying for a boat built right the first time, not patched together after it's ****ed up.

little rowe boat
    Tell them to start over. You don't want it pieced together.

yzfrider
    Start Over : And then thank them for causing you to miss any chance of boating this summer because they were careless.

shippingguy
    I would have a new hull layed up, but you may want to rethink your graphics. The reason I say this is because they will not trash that hull they will sell it to somebody else that comes in the door.
    Mike

Havasu_Dreamin
    If it aint what I ordered and I was not happy with it I'd make them do a whole new hull or I'd walk away.....It's times like these that separate the decent builders from the excellent builders...

BrendellaJet
    Fiberglass is strong stuff. As long as they are a reputable builder and they are willing to warranty the work they are doing for an extended perios(against stress cracks) then Id be okay with it.

Playinwithfyr
    I would have a new hull layed up, but you may want to rethink your graphics. The reason I say this is because they will not trash that hull they will sell it to somebody else that comes in the door.
    Mike
    I agree with that, our original boat is not soo original anymore..lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast