Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you sure it was a fountain

riverracerx
    Plus, saying it was a "Fountain" or a "Cigarette" is like saying all PWCs are "Jet Skis".
    I'm just sayin'...........

RiverToysJas
    Plus, saying it was a "Fountain" or a "Cigarette" is like saying all PWCs are "Jet Skis".
    I'm just sayin'...........
    I agree, but saying it "was" one is one thing, saying it "said it on the side in large font" is another. ....I think....
    Strange nobody saw this thing around town or on the lake. They were coming from Moabi/Needles. I wonder if they could of made it back up river w/o being noticed.
    Just more thoughts....

Run_em_Hard
    I don't know who the witness is but if he is into performace boating much he would know the difference between a Fountain and anyother boat. They are very unique in thier design.

Beer-30
    Now finding out that there were other boating witnesses, I have a feeling it is pretty certain that it was a Fountain.
    I suspected the same thing when this first came out. Lots of people refer to offshore style boats as either Fountains or Cigarettes. When I was looking for a boat and narrowed it down to either a 28' Eliminator or the 30' SleekCraft, I heard all kinds of things. Non-boating personnel would say "oh, you want a cigarette boat". Cigarette and Fountain are probably the two most widely heard/seen boat names on TV.
    I have even heard people walk up to mine while I was busy wiping it down and say "wow, honey, look at that big cigarette boat".
    Sheesh.

Havasu Hangin'
    I have even heard people walk up to mine while I was busy wiping it down and say "wow, honey, look at that big cigarette boat".
    Sheesh.
    I get people asking me all the time, "Pardon me...do you have a cigarette?"
    :notam:

BALLSDEEP
    Further more, you have a cop, paramedic and other “boaters” that all identified the make as a Fountain…I am not a boat expert however I have been boating for 30 years and after awhile, a guy just knows what kind of boat runs by your camp…I have seen this type of boat with the “FOUNTAIN” on the side and you can’t miss it…it’s like the old ELIMINATOR that used to be put on the whole side of their boats…
    I totally agree with you, after awhile you just know what type of boat it is but it could still be mistaken…
    I am only saying this because I was pulled over Friday afternoon when I was heading down Mcculloch to launch my boat. I had just gotten into town Friday afternoon and had no idea this accident occurred. While I was driving down to launch, I was pulled over by the LE and questioned. Fortunately I was let go with no ticket but the cop said he pulled me over because my burgundy 25’ Eliminator Eagle with checkers matched the description of the boat in the accident. You would think a cop especially one in LHC would know the difference between a 25’ Eliminator and a bigger Fountain….
    Not to totally change the subject but I heard from some people at Moabi that the guy was already caught at Windsor late Friday night, is that not the case?

Dave C
    plus with the spelling skills demonstrated by this website alone... BAYLINER - could be interpreted as "FOUNTAIN"
    :devil:

Goad
    guys....its only a lead

Big Warlock
    I know I am stirring the pot on another thread, but I have to agree. At least the one eyewitness that has come forward has big holes in his story.
    There are only a few Fountains that have FOUNTAIN splashed on the side. Then, how could it so easily dissappear? Seems to not make sense. I am thinking it might be another boat? Not too far fetched.
    I also think LE should take a hard look at the witnesses again. Just take another hard look. Something isn't right.

Batsfly
    I wasn't aware that Fountain had boats that looked like this until I found this one.
    Please , can someone who knows how to post photos, post this.
    Its at
    http://powerboatlistings.com/viw/4070
    Thanks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast