Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sideboards in the Riviera

fc-pilot
    Lou, this has been a cool thread. It is always fun to see what steps people take in doing these projects. Thanks for letting us in on this one.
    Paul

Lou, this has been a cool thread. It is always fun to see what steps people take in doing these projects. Thanks for letting us in on this one.
    Paul
    I agree...................Keep it rollin Lou.............steve

I agree three, Lou... Thanks for the information, even thou it is from Semi Pro's...
    Steve

Sanger D
    hey lou, do you have to worry about the hull floor changing or putting it in a jig when the battons come out? and if it is an extremely light lay up, do you have to worry about the same and maybe the sides getting out of wack?..........I did that same thing with full 10 ft sheetsof tsome reg. lords of london marine ply with the boat still on the trailer and didnt think about the hull moveing or getting outta wack, hope nothing changed.

Rattle Can Lou
    hey lou, do you have to worry about the hull floor changing or putting it in a jig when the battons come out? and if it is an extremely light lay up, do you have to worry about the same and maybe the sides getting out of wack?..........I did that same thing with full 10 ft sheetsof tsome reg. lords of london marine ply with the boat still on the trailer and didnt think about the hull moveing or getting outta wack, hope nothing changed.
    The bottom is not gonna change with the removal of the sideboards. What you could be concerned with would be the ganwales or gunnels as I was raised to call them. I would say on a lite layup you could see these sag. What I would do in this case is build some supporst from the floor to the upper deck...just a couple of 1x2's would do the trick. Place them on the floor and clamp them to the inner gunnels. The other thing you don't want to do is lean over the sides to work on placing the sideboards in it. The weight of your fat ass could dip the upper deck and cause some deflection. Oh, you don't have a fat ass??? Well good for you Mr. Anorexia. Most of us are built like real men and carry an extra bit of weight. So I was broght up to not lean over the gunnels anyway...RCL

Sanger D
    We did put new 1xs in the floor and top(like julian had made it and we did it INSIDE!!! without hangin over. the old boards were cut out and traced exactly and new ones glassed in, everyhting looks bitchen, just didnt think about sag or maybe twist in bottom, but I feel good about it know(my hero) after talking to you,......................I beleive in SANTA!!!!

Rattle Can Lou
    I wasnt calling you personally a fat ass...just whoever in general was reading it...

Schiada76
    Wouldn't one need a little loftier stature to be able to actually lean over a gunnel anyway?:idea:

Sanger D
    Deffenatly no affence taken my chris kringle friend!!!!! , thank you for your time and info!

V-DRV
    How is this project coming???????????

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast