Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running the Mercury Pro ET Lab Finish Prop?

beaverretriever
    100 at Mead might be a pipe dream with a single O/B...the altitude up here doesn't help performance much I think it will run it at mohave and havasu though
    Lake Mead is right around a 1000 ft. What is Havasu and will a 1000 feet above sea level make that much difference?

beaverretriever
    Those #'s are correct...In theory, you should be in the low 100's with a nominal slip % of 10. It might be best for you to have two props...one for the speed runs and one for the drag runs. Each has it's own perks!
    Is Jeff installing some trim tabs or a "whale tale" for you? I'd think with 1.62 gears and 32P prop,it won't exactly be stellar out of the hole. Especially with an aggressive "x" dimension, loaded with fuel, beer and people. Just more food for thought!
    Yes, two small tunnel tabs.
    The guy that is running that prop says that the out of the hole is supprisingly good. I just got off the phone with Jeff and the guy doing all the prop testing didn't complain about the acceleration.
    I don't want to spend a ton of dough on a prop that won't make me happy. I really want to hit that 100mph mark. There is somthing about the tripple digits that draws me in.
    Most of the time, its just my wife and I. I won't be hauling ass with people in it anyways.
    We do need to get some Lifelines soon...

DCBDaytona
    Right on...tunnel tabs will work wonders.

beaverretriever
    You guys don't think I am making a mistake going with this set up do you?

dicudmore
    Lake Mead is right around a 1000 ft. What is Havasu and will a 1000 feet above sea level make that much difference?
    havasu is ~400'....and yes on the difference. Every boat I've owned has been slower at Mead vs anywhere else.

dicudmore
    Those #'s are correct...In theory, you should be in the low 100's with a nominal slip % of 10. It might be best for you to have two props...one for the speed runs and one for the drag runs. Each has it's own perks!
    Is Jeff installing some trim tabs or a "whale tale" for you? I'd think with 1.62 gears and 32P prop,it won't exactly be stellar out of the hole. Especially with an aggressive "x" dimension, loaded with fuel, beer and people. Just more food for thought!
    no drinking on the water...

dicudmore
    You guys don't think I am making a mistake going with this set up do you?
    why yes, yes I do--its a motor short

DCBDaytona
    no drinking on the water...
    Duh, Rootbeer..you homo.

dicudmore
    Duh, Rootbeer..you homo.
    regardless--I already told him to leave the cooler on shore...its probably worth 2 MPH

Cole Trickle
    Yes, two small tunnel tabs.
    The guy that is running that prop says that the out of the hole is supprisingly good. I just got off the phone with Jeff and the guy doing all the prop testing didn't complain about the acceleration.
    I don't want to spend a ton of dough on a prop that won't make me happy. I really want to hit that 100mph mark. There is somthing about the tripple digits that draws me in.
    Most of the time, its just my wife and I. I won't be hauling ass with people in it anyways.
    We do need to get some Lifelines soon...
    smart choice
    Please become comfortable with the boat before pushing the limits.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast