Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody here work for Rancho PD?

RiverToysJas
    Oh I can read Jason,
    Regardless who is contracting to whom, I have never seen a car that said anything about SB sherriff on it when they showed up in Rancho.....say for loud parties, fireworks, general BS.
    I believe San Antonio Heights uses SB Sherriff, but in Rancho, I have never seen it. I am not saying it isn't true, I have just never seen it. All the cars say Rancho Cucamonga PD.
    But either way, this thread isn't about that.
    Sorry I don't know anyone in the Rancho PD, believe me, if I did, they wouldn't be on my side.
    Brian
    I'm probably wrong ....but doesn't that star on every car door say: "Sheriff San Bernardino County" around it? It looks like the same star that's on their website to me.
    RTJas

Thorsinc
    Oh I can read Jason,
    Regardless who is contracting to whom, I have never seen a car that said anything about SB sherriff on it when they showed up in Rancho.....say for loud parties, fireworks, general BS.
    I believe San Antonio Heights uses SB Sherriff, but in Rancho, I have never seen it. I am not saying it isn't true, I have just never seen it. All the cars say Rancho Cucamonga PD.
    But either way, this thread isn't about that.
    Sorry I don't know anyone in the Rancho PD, believe me, if I did, they wouldn't be on my side.
    Brian
    If your head gets slammed into the Sheriffs aka “PD” back door you may get a quick glance of Rancho Cucamonga, as your sliding off the car going towards the front you’ll see a badge logo and that where it is called out SB Sheriffs. :idea: I'll double check but this time it will be on a much easier / voluntarily approach to the vehicle.

socalmoney
    :idea: If you were a cop in the "909" would you have any reason to smile?
    And don't get technical about the 909,952, 9whatever....it's all just 909 to me.
    RTJas
    You sound like a character from the show "The OC" Why wouldn't a cop in the 909 have no reason to smile. As you infer, I would think it would be a great place to be a cop with an abundance of dirt bags to take to jail. Isn't that why people become cops. I would rather be a cop in the 909 than lets say Newport Beach.

wsuwrhr
    It's OK Brian, some of us still are!
    RTJas
    Awesome, please stay where you are.

wsuwrhr
    I'm probably wrong ....but doesn't that star on every car door say: "Sheriff San Bernardino County" around it? It looks like the same star that's on their website to me.
    RTJas
    Not saying it isn't true, but I have never seen it.

RiverToysJas
    You sound like a character from the show "The OC" Why wouldn't a cop in the 909 have no reason to smile. As you infer, I would think it would be a great place to be a cop with an abundance of dirt bags to take to jail. Isn't that why people become cops. I would rather be a cop in the 909 than lets say Newport Beach.
    Typing from my office next to the Newport Beach Police Station as we post!!!
    I was just joking!!! 909 Cops have a harder job than many LEO, God Bless them - and I mean that!!!
    RTJas

socalmoney
    Typing from my office next to the Newport Beach Police Station as we post!!!
    I was just joking!!! 909 Cops have a harder job than LEO, God Bless them - and I mean that!!!
    RTJas
    I wouldn't say their job is harder, I would say it is more fun. The cops who have the hardest job is LAPD. Everyone hates them and their command staff doesn't stick up for them. Hard spot to be in.

RiverToysJas
    Not saying it isn't true, but I have never seen it.
    But you've lived there all your life??? ....OH.... :idea: ..can't read huh??? It's OK, I understand.
    RTJas

wsuwrhr
    But you've lived there all your life??? ....OH.... :idea: ..can't read huh??? It's OK, I understand.
    RTJas
    Uh yea, not many people out here in the ghetto read well.
    Ask Mrs BordsMJ how well I spell.
    Brian

bigkyle
    From reading the posts, I'm not sure if the question about Rancho PD vs. SBSO was ever answered. The city of Rancho Cucamonga owns and operates a SBSO substation in Rancho. It is staffed under contract with SBSO members. The patrol cars all have the SBSO logo on them and also include the phrase "Rancho Cucamonga Police Department." It sounds more upscale I guess to have your own police department than have Sheriff patrol. But that is exactly what they are, the SBSO.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast