Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scratching dog

Phat Matt
    Have you noticed your dog not sleeping much? Maybe he is on meth. Tweakers scratch a lot at nothing.
    Nobody thought of that one did they. Then again it could be a food allergy.

RiverOtter
    I dont see fleas. I dont see a rash. Why is she chewing and scratching? Any ideas?
    Many dogs are allergic to dog food contining yellow corn. Look at the label and most dog foods have that as one of the top 3 ingrediants. We switched our golden to Nutrous Lamb and Rice. Really seemed to help.

topless
    Could it be a food allergy? Seriously, it doesn't take many fleas to make them do this sometimes. My dog does this too and I never see fleas so I now use Frontline on her and she stopped.

Could it be a food allergy? Seriously, it doesn't take many fleas to make them do this sometimes. My dog does this too and I never see fleas so I now use Frontline on her and she stopped.
    Same experience. It only takes a few fleas to bite and make em scratch. I use frontline too.
    It also could be a food alergy.

topless
    Same experience. It only takes a few fleas to bite and make em scratch. I use frontline too.
    It also could be a food alergy.I was thinking the same thing, I'm glad you brought that up.

maxwedge
    My dog had the same problem about a month ago, so I treated her with some advantage to kill the fleas, even though I didn't see any fleas. Didn't help, so I used some medicated shampoo from the pet store, didn't help, so I went back to the vet this past Saturday thinking it might be Mange, but the vet checked for mange mites and didn't find any, said it looked like a skin infection, possible caused by allegies to fleas I might have killed a while back, then she gave me some antibiotics, and a different medicated shampoo. That was three days ago and it finally seems to be getting a little better. Personally I think it's all a scam by the vet to keep making money.
    Oh by the way, she is already eating what's supposed to be good food (Natures Recipie) so we ruled that out hopfully.

dmontzsta
    She wants my dog to mount her.

shueman
    It's the HEAT; dry skin. Mine does the same thing. Flea powder will keep 'em more comfortable (or baby powder). I like to rinse her off, let her dry, then powder her all over.

Lana
    I dont see fleas. I dont see a rash. Why is she chewing and scratching? Any ideas?
    Dan,
    It's either allergies or hot spots, my dog get them too when it's really hot like this, it drives me insane. You can go to the pet store and get a hydrocortisone medicated itch lotion, after bathing put it on, that seems to work for mine.

Personally I think it's all a scam by the vet to keep making money.
    What's your wife's view?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast