Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need some help Guys

OverKill
    Victor/and to all
    Here is my foot all the way back.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0012.JPG
    here is my foot all the way forward. Hope this will help.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0021.JPG

victorfb
    not a problem. i can either fabricate an entire new system, or take your foot throttle and cut and modify it. from the pics it looks like your foot has about the same range as mine.

OverKill
    not a problem. i can either fabricate an entire new system, or take your foot throttle and cut and modify it. from the pics it looks like your foot has about the same range as mine.
    Well holy crap man you really do know what the heck Im going through. I would like you to fabricate an entire new system. Would you tell me how long it will take to make and how much $$$ can I send you. Before all this please send me some pics of what you have when you get home tonight. However I don't see there being a problem. In fact it can only get better from what I have already.
    I know Im stuborn all my friends and wife tells me to use a thumb throttle/hand throttle. I just want to use my leg/foot. I know in my heart I can make this work.
    OverKill

Danhercules
    Before all this please send me some pics of what you have when you get home tonight. OverKill
    Vic is not Mr. Picture.
    Vic, Where is the Rogers? Orange or at your place? If its in Orange, I can run by and take some pics tomorrow.. If its at your place, can you bring it to the Lake tormorrow and I will take pics then.

OverKill
    Vic is not Mr. Picture.
    Vic, Where is the Rogers? Orange or at your place? If its in Orange, I can run by and take some pics tomorrow.. If its at your place, can you bring it to the Lake tormorrow and I will take pics then.
    Hey thanks guys for all the help. With any luck at all I can get this thing up and running before I head out to Havasu on the 26th.

bean
    Hey Overkill,
    I have an idea that I think you would like. Email me at voodoocustoms@hotmail.com or give me a call 605 209-1150

victorfb
    sorry. i got home after dark and the rogers is here with me. if i cannot post a pic by the time i meet up with dan tomorrow at the lake, ill bring the boat to him and let him post some for ya. the shop is a mess right now from (you guessed it) making the throttle for the Kachina. but ill try and get on making one for ya as soon as possible. im sure we can get this going for your trip. i totally understand what your feeling right now. dont let others tell you what you can or cannot do. if you want to use a foot to throttle your boat, then damn it your gunna use a foot. i used small hiem joints for the linkage and i am out of them right now, but ill try and get some as quikly as i can. does the pedal need to be that far from the stringer? i see it was mounted away and on an angle. if so ill make it a full floor mount.

OverKill
    sorry. i got home after dark and the rogers is here with me. if i cannot post a pic by the time i meet up with dan tomorrow at the lake, ill bring the boat to him and let him post some for ya. the shop is a mess right now from (you guessed it) making the throttle for the Kachina. but ill try and get on making one for ya as soon as possible. im sure we can get this going for your trip. i totally understand what your feeling right now. dont let others tell you what you can or cannot do. if you want to use a foot to throttle your boat, then damn it your gunna use a foot. i used small hiem joints for the linkage and i am out of them right now, but ill try and get some as quikly as i can. does the pedal need to be that far from the stringer? i see it was mounted away and on an angle. if so ill make it a full floor mount.
    Sounds like a plan Vic. No it does not have to be that far away from the stringer. At the time before my accident it was a very good place to have it. In fact I am probably going to pull it back towrds the seat a couple of inches. Just to get more angle with my leg for a better push. Can't wait to see these pics. God I am blessed with Hot Boat.com, always there to help me out.
    OverKill

Here's a possible idea. Make a pedal that is mounted on a parallelagram type assembly much like the ripper on a Cat or the pedal on a weight machine. Pedal angle stays constant and just moved in and out with the leg. Cable is attached to the base of the pedal in either a push or pull configuration depending on need.
    O k need you to get your sig pics side by side and a max of about 150 px high. Makes forums hard to read they way they are now. If you need me to resize let me know. Thanx

victorfb
    mike, i think i understand what your describing and to be honest i thought about something like that originaly for myself. i couldnt get the quik response of the deceleration when trying to use a slide system because of the weight and friction of the slide action, even useing sealed roller bearings. it was possible, but the entire unit would have taken up alot more space (with my design) so i opted to go further with the pivot style system. plus it allowed me to somewhat keep the look of the old school style pedal. as a matter of fact i used the original rogers casted pedal to make it as original looking as possible. not that overkill is looking for that, but it was cool. for an amputie i think the slide system would be more applicable, but it looks like overkill has a desent amout of range of motion with his foot and i think he should be good with a pedal that pivots from the heel. plus with the cantalever being adjustable, it will allow him to adjust the amount of throw the pedal needs to move from idle to full throttle. i suggest the most amount of throw as possible to help aid in control of rpm range.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast