Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about Sanger hydro production

glc650
    Hello,
    Just a quick question about Sanger hydros. In what year did Sanger start and stop making hydros (both shovel nose & pickle fork)?
    TIA>
    -g.

gearcase
    had a 1981 pickle fork. dont think they made them too many more years after that. good ??

1980 sanger
    I think there ended in1985 or 1987

My dads hydro was a 76.
    I think the picklefork appeared after some creative handywork in 74, then available in 75

RivrKD
    In the late 80'sI believe that Ed Hill ran the coors light Sanger Hydro. If you want more info check out his web site. sorry I was typing to fast

1980 sanger
    In the late 80'sI believe that Ed Hill ran the coors light Sanger Hydro. If you want more info check out his web site. sorry I was typing to fast
    Eddie was out of the boats in the late 80s, I think he crashed at Firebierd in 85 or 86 tripping the lights at 227mph, without the boat, Then went back in the dragsters, and the Coors light special was run by Frad Bray and driven by Kyle Walker and I dont think it was a Sanger

RivrKD
    You may very well correct on that. I ran into Ed at the Mc Donalds across the 10 from the Pamona drags and I asked him why he left boats. He told me that it was not a matter of time before he killed him self in the boat but it was a matter of time before the boat kiiled him. I may be silly but I need one.

1980 sanger
    You may very well correct on that. I ran into Ed at the Mc Donalds across the 10 from the Pamona drags and I asked him why he left boats. He told me that it was not a matter of time before he killed him self in the boat but it was a matter of time before the boat kiiled him. I may be silly but I need one.
    I believe that story

RivrKD
    The only thing about the Sanger that I recall the rear end would come loose at shut down. But with the saftey stuff that can be controled.

Eddie ran the Kurtis hydro's
    The Sangers seemed to have some issues at the higher speeds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast