Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rhino In Chevy shortbed question

CB1
    Anyone know if I can put a Yamaha Rhino in the bed of shortbed Chevy 1500 and close the tailgate a bit or take the tailgate off and the back tires hang off the rear end a little. Im pulling a travel trailer and cant pull it with the tailgate down.. Thanks for the input..

SJP
    Will not work, there is a tread on glamis dunes where guys fabbed an attachment in the hitch receiver. You take off the tailgate and put this peice on. It may save you a few inches but not much. Other than that you need to go vertical and at an angle. This seems like a lot of work and a pain to put in and out of the bed.
    SJP

2Driver
    Short bed no way. You need all the gate. I have the 1500 short bed and have had 2 Rhinos. I'm not even sure how much room is left after the tail gate is down.
    Rhino wheel base is 6'3" then you have to add for the front portion of the Rhino against the front of the bed - It's a bummer but you are out of real estate.

Mandelon
    How bout rigging up your own bed extension with a little 1/4 steel plate bolted into the back end? Or even some plywood????

RiverRatMike
    I have a longbed on my superduty and I can get my tailgate half way up and that's it

caroftheweek
    here is mine in a short bed. I put jack stands under the rear of the chassis at the end of the bed as to take the weight off the tailgate cables.
    http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ransfer001.jpg

riverracerx
    I put one in the back of my F150 Screw. Tailgate down. My bed is 5'6". Jackstand method.
    I also removed the front bumper. No probs!

djunkie
    here is mine in a short bed. I put jack stands under the rear of the chassis at the end of the bed as to take the weight off the tailgate cables.
    http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ransfer001.jpg
    Same here.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1192530212

phebus
    I'm surprised a lot of people put a Rhino in those truck beds. Sure seems like a big risk for damage when a thousand dollar trailer would prevent it. :idea:

I'm surprised a lot of people put a Rhino in those truck beds. Sure seems like a big risk for damage when a thousand dollar trailer would prevent it. :idea:
    Ca. speed limit?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast