Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Katherines Landing to Hoover Dam

Waist Deep
    We made thed run last Thurs as well. Drove to Cottonwood from Laughlin. Went to the springs. Had a great time. If I'd had to go trhrough the basin with the winds, I'd be hating it.
    BTW Thumbs, think I seen ya at the ramp when we were pulling our Nordic out.

Debbolas
    The basin sucks after 1pm. I try to get up past cottonwood as early as possible and then just grin and bear it coming back through the basin.
    A glassy basin is something you will never forget

RitcheyRch
    Think read that it is something from the 70's and 80's.
    Film? What the heck is film?

We made thed run last Thurs as well. Drove to Cottonwood from Laughlin. Went to the springs. Had a great time. If I'd had to go trhrough the basin with the winds, I'd be hating it.
    BTW Thumbs, think I seen ya at the ramp when we were pulling our Nordic out.
    I remember. You pulled out just before us. I think I saked you if you were wiping down all the boats or just yours....lol

Film - My wife just loves her fancy SLR with all the special lenses. I'm gonna get her a digital SLR for Christmas.

shippingguy
    I was thinking about making a run up to the dam this Friday. Does anyone know the days of the week that you are allowed to go past Willow Beach?
    Adam I would consider taking the drive to Cottonwood Cove and launching from there. The ramp is way better and not crowded and it is not as far to the dam from there. You will spend way more in fuel in the boat launching out of Katherines than the truck going to Cottonwood. Also, you will be able to drive back in probably less time than it will take for you to pull the boat out at Katherine's at the end of the day. Just my .02.
    Mike

Squirtin Thunder
    I have made the run in my 18, absolutly no problems. Yes it gets a bit rough, yes it does get windy. Do you have a trim buttom ? I can run through the basin at about 70mph when it is wind rough. Wave timing is everything, throttle control a very close second. 1 - 2 footer are not that bad. When it kicks up above 40mph winds then just ditch in a cove and wait it out. You will be fine.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../D_to_D_09.jpg

Waist Deep
    Yep Thumbs, You're right. If you woulda stated you were a member here, I woulda had my kid help you wipe it down. If you noticed, she wasnt helping me.
    Well, it was nice meeting you both, kinda.

plaster dave
    There is a bunch of us going to do it on fri. or sat. this weekend. If you want to meet up just call me. Dave 818-402-2769

ultra27jay
    Thanks for the info. Should be pretty cool to see the bridge construction from the bottom.
    we will be launching on friday afternoon ill be in my ultra shadow blue and white. we be with about 10 other boats. say hi if u see us......see u out thier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast