Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Girls cant drive circle boats, and jerks are jErKs, what's new? PLENTY

CircleJerk
    Just finished the girls v-drive rebuild, thanks to the fast parts service at Rex Marine! And yes, I predict she will be beaten this next weekend at CLARKSTON WASHINGTON RACES at Chief Timothy State Park. However, her gear change will put that L-boat on plane quite quick, I predict.
    We should have 4 boats for the SK class and three fast guys but the big news is who's coming besides PS34, 535, SK87, K57!!
    Yup, the celebrity boats will be the #1 Wickens formerly owned by Fred Wickens himself! The boat was never wet until our own Sonny O. dunked it at our races four years ago, and he's back with a jerk tuned & built 433. The so called Lingenfelter engine failed long ago and this one might just beat ME!
    Next celebrity is the former 'Hobbit' K14 recently purchased from our OWN black belt guy Art Anderson! Rick said he is throwing the motor in to make our first race in his neighborhood! He also mentions a bunch of jetters (ya mud suckers) who would like to spray a little H2O! Hope there is a little Thunder to go with that (Thunder Suckers)! One jet is coming down from Spokane so we could see our first all jet circle race!
    Last but not least, Rumor has it that the 16foot #E39 Marlin's owner-driver might be there to cheer on his son and NEW driver for the SS514 ski deck b-boat! Welcome back Dave, after 20 plus years, you look very much at HOME behind the wheel! (if you would kindly stay behind me I'd be happy to lead the way) The Weber family are no strangers to boat racing and thanks to their help and expert welding skills, many of our boats are ready to race....
    So there you have it: Hydroplanes, seven-eight flats and some jets oval racing 12 miles this weekend 5 miles west of Lewistown Idaho, admission is FREE with the exception of a possible State Park camping fee! See you there and remember, my wife and her boat is out of retirement and will be gunning for ME, it should be interesting! Andy, where are you boy??

fc-pilot
    Sounds like it will be one heck of a time Boyd. Make sure to get lots of pictures for us poor souls that can't make it up there.
    Paul

sanger ss396
    just talked to the jerk he is loading up to go to the race. he would not tell what gears went into the lavey but sounds like it will be a fast short course boat. wish i could go to watch the flat bottom's go roundy de round. it looks like there will be a good show. good luck to all who show up.

CircleJerk
    Sounds like it will be one heck of a time Boyd. Make sure to get lots of pictures for us poor souls that can't make it up there.
    Paul
    PIctures? Oh ya I have to give you the site where our roving photographer posts. He has some great Burley and Tastin shots, dont let me forget. You know Paul we're not big time anything but the work that went into this new site snapped me to slave laboring attention and Lord willing all three of the boats I got ready will be safe and FUN! I really think Robin has the horsepower and gear combo to qualify in the fast heat but they threw that concept out so we have fast boats in the slow SK heat and slow boats in the fast one (people who think their big inches will win the prize in their non competitive brand Xs)
    Oh let me tell you the last time her and I ran side by side was in a qualifying heat and my Barron (eticket) had the advantage on her but she never gave up, hugging the buoys and driving in deeper and deeper to catch me! Well on the last straight I had to open it up to show her who's boss and she actually came out of her Sanger Bucket seat in a hard turn and rode the drive line shield to the finish line just a few lengths behind! We had been arguing as to her need of a real circle boat seat before this event and in her sheepish tone, she now asked for the better seat (furnished by Jeff Gibson)! Imagine that??? Before, I couldnt convince her of ONE thing about racing! At the next race, two competitors asked me what I had done to the boat to make her so fast!!! Funny, No? Women! I hope I can stay with her!

SnoC653
    Does she have a good looking sister? sounds like you found a good one (at least till she keeps beating you and won't let you win occasionally). If she has a sister just send me a pic and a number and tell your wife to hand down her boat when you build her a true race boat

sanger ss396
    hey jerk did mrs. jerk kick ass this weekend over all the guy's i would almost bet there was some crying as she went around them hehehehehehe

CircleJerk
    Sometimes I wonder if anyone here gives a Rats ___ about our races or who won or who broke and maybe this is wrong since there must be a hundred or so LURKERS.....Dang them! But with stiff sore fingers, a bump on my head (from hitting a dang jet pump thingie while getting my prop off another boat) but otherwise attached appendages, I will be brief! Ya, you bet!
    The GIRL missed the start and was in the chute at 30 seconds, and she sucked the rest of SKs so I was the only legal start to the first heat,,,,score: jErK one, Blonde 0..
    Next heat: Dang, I cant remember. Oh, 85.7 mph Hondo with 396 power blew past me for first, jerk second, blonde DNF, FRED WICKENS flat, DNF (oil plug fell out). I actually used my wife as a turn buoy since she went dead in turn one and drifted off course just as I purposely dove hard at her transom to scare her a bit.........like I was going to hit her! Not! Then they made both of them sit there for 45 minutes in full gear! OOOHHH was she mad! Her HEI had given up, dang I so wanted to campare speeds and arm strength! The Wickens was towed in with 12 quarts of oil spashing around that beautiful balsa floored virgin craft, but boy you should have seen it run with full 500 horses pulling hard and NOT lifting for the turns! Impressed? You should be, this boat has NO down pedal, only a locking handle! Owner was peeved but it was his own fault for expecting others to do his mechanical work. Missing oil plug was found hiding under the fuel tank!
    Then the fast guys ran with Team Davis having their way with the rest but the Nordling Team did not show or the Muffler Bunch from the ThoraldsGood Sweet Caroline #50 boat so this explains it period! However, one heat Justin had fuel problems and came off course in time for me to strap up and join the Weber family circling as a duet. Boy what a rush, that Marlin small block runs! But then we all jumped and were red flagged, with a restart eminent and predictable. I did manage to block the Marlin for Sundays heat to take a third (I hugged the buoys so he had to pass outside while bouncing in a ton of slop).
    The only interesting thing for Sunday saw the slow SKs run the fast 468s (one 499) and there was no surprise there except the little yellow #535 Hondo with 396 power finished one second and one FIRST!
    The big news was the SS514 B-boat with rookie Levi driving for Bills Welding & Jimmie D. who overal probably won from points for the fast class. I dont know since I left before trophies and never knew who fouled out. I am sure I did just to stir up the POT. Hey with the heaviest boat there, I did my jErKis best while tuning and testing and most important: having the most safe fun one can have while fully clothed !
    Next race: Ione Wa. in two weeks,,, should have lots of Nostie boats and of course more of Nostie ME.
    Thanks Rick for bringing that beautiful Hobbit and good luck finishing her for future events! To all you jet boaters who didnt show, you SUCK! To the two who did, you ROOST and rule!
    Oh ya, three racers went swimming (hydros) and had their muscles checked out by paramedics, (private joke)! Larry, you asked for it!

SnoC653
    so it sounds like you didn't really get to race her if she was DQ'd and then DNF. But, at least you had fun racing and that is what the sport is all about. Winning is just a bonus that gets thrown in from time to time. I hope the lost oil didn't take out any bearings with it. Shame there weren't more jets. But, all in all it sounds like a fun weekend (provided you weren't one of the people sitting in full gear in the heat waiting for a tow).
    How heavy is your boat and what type speeds were you turning? Also if I can ask, what gears and prop are you running?

Poverty Case
    Sounds like you all had a fun time Boyd. It is real nice to see a family play together. Wife racing against you. Gotta let her win or die? No dinner!
    Maybe someday you will get a chance to race against your old Barron. I have it waiting for paint. Building a new paint booth first. Also have a couple projects ahead of it. Hmm..I have a Hondo with a 396 also. Maybe I better drag that up your way instead.
    Thank you for the rundown on the event. I sure wish I had something ready to run. Till then, all I can do is lurk.
    Stay Safe! The Warlock

Squirtin Thunder
    Mana halling ass Saturday getting ready to put Mel the kid from Utah a lap down. Notice she is looking at the flag stand as she flys by. Her best speed Saturday was 52mph !
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...a_and_Mell.JPG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast