Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phony Armored Car Guards Get Away With $405k

RitcheyRch
    Surprised this hasnt been done before.
    http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-westmi...ll=ktla-news-2
    Thieves posing as armored car guards made off today with $405,000 in U.S. currency from a Little Saigon money exchange business in Westminster.
    It was only when the real security team from Dunbar Security arrived about 1:30 p.m. to pick up the money that employees of Anh Minh Money Transfer realized the two men who arrived a half-hour earlier and picked up a bank deposit-type bag were impostors, said Westminster police Officer Van Woodson.
    The fake duo arrived on the same day that money pickups are normally scheduled -- although 30 minutes earlier than usual -- and they were clad in the typical black uniforms that Dunbar employees wear, Woodson said.
    They left in a red stretch Ford Econoline van with the words "Dunbar Security" emblazoned on the sides, Woodson said.
    Employees called police when the real team showed up at 9211 Bolsa Ave., No. 104, and they realized they had been duped.
    Police checked the area, interviewed witnesses and called in a forensics unit to check for leads, but the 25- to 35-year-old suspects remained at large late this afternoon, Woodson said.
    Anyone with information was asked to call the Westminster Police Department at (714) 898-3315.

Jordy
    Did it have Fountain painted on the side and was the driver drunk??? :idea:

RitcheyRch
    Last report was "NO"
    Did it have Fountain painted on the side and was the driver drunk??? :idea:

HocusPocus
    not a bad haul for a few minutes worth of work.
    i worked for a company called Armored Transport back in the mid 80's and this trick has been done before.. not sure if it was for as much $$$$.

RitcheyRch
    Would be nice to have a percentage of that.
    I didnt think this was done before with using a fake transport.
    not a bad haul for a few minutes worth of work.
    i worked for a company called Armored Transport back in the mid 80's and this trick has been done before.. not sure if it was for as much $$$$.

Cigalert
    I went into a liquor store in Westminster the other day to pick up my morning red bull. There was a armored truck there at the same time picking up some snacks. One of the guys passed me on his gun side while perusing the drink section with his piece unstrapped leading me to believe real guards aren't smart enough to pull this off.

SoCalSouthpaw
    Classic..

Charley
    Ironic..... everytime I drive through little saigon I wish I was in an armored truck

Daytona100
    Probably gonna blow it all on a mid-level DCB!!!!!! Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast