Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Where is the stand-up Jetski that was hit?

ratso
    Lake Austin doesn't allow any PWC's on holiday weekends, at least they didn't July 4, 2006. It's due to boat traffic and a good idea.
    That is one thing I enjoy about that lake...
    Around here we have to deal with those idiots on a regular basis.

RiverDave
    If you got rid of the jet skis it'd be a major start to increasing saftey on the lake/river, no one can dispute that fact.
    Problem with that logic is, if you got rid of all performance boats in general it would increase safety as well. Same as if you got rid of all prop boats, or if everyone within 10' of the water was req'd to wear a PFD etc.. etc.. Once you get a ball like that rolling, it's very hard to stop. Hence the reason I was/am so against the BADD idea.
    RD

HM
    Problem with that logic is, if you got rid of all performance boats in general it would increase safety as well. Same as if you got rid of all prop boats, or if everyone within 10' of the water was req'd to wear a PFD etc.. etc.. Once you get a ball like that rolling, it's very hard to stop. Hence the reason I was/am so against the BADD idea.
    RD
    Yep...you ban all boats and you put an end to all boat related casualties. And you and I both know there is a pretty large group of people out there that would LOVE that.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567