Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 455 exhaust ?

gqchris
    I'm running bbo full oil restriction,flat top pistons, Edelbrock heads,10 qt pan and 30 over. It only has 3hrs on it and I guess I was expecting more bang for all my bucks, Most people say to get rid of my logs and run over transom exhaust to exploit my engine the way I intended to.
    Why do most exhaust have water lines going to them? for sound deadening?
    The water lines prevent bluing of the chrome. I think they are also liked by law enforcement to prevent fires and sparks? At least that what is what I was told. I think they do offer a little sound deadening as well.

gqchris
    I got insurance thru progressive,they didnt ask,so i didnt say!if you do get ot headers,get them ceramic coated.fired mine up for the fisrt time,no water going thru fo almost a hour,no problem.with-in 15 min.there safe to touch.
    I had Progressive as well. If you get a claim or someone gets hurt, they will NOT cover you if they find out about the OT headers. I called them just to verify a few weeks ago, and was canceled the minute I asked about them. So its like paying for insurance for nothing. Get with Wozencraft here on the boards. Devin got me set up with a policy that actually covers my boat and yea, its a little more, but worth the peace of mind!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12