Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok Blown, Poster, and Knot, Let me show you how to Bush bash.

eliminatedsprinter
    Our nations founders feared that one flaw in democracy was that citizens would vote themselves largess and ultimatly cause the republic to fail. Low and behold, representitives in Congress have picked up this bad habbit and created a bit of a racket by buying votes in the form of "earmarks" and attempting to "bring home" as much federal largess as they can. To prevent this, our founders gave the President the responsibility to represent all the Nation's people and gave him his power of veto. President George W Bush's complete failure to use that power and veto any significant spending bills and force responsibility on our Congress has been a complete and utter leadership failure on his part. He has a sworn duty to lead both his nation and his party and use his veto pen when needed. He has only used this pen once and that was for a minor (but emotionally charged stem cell research funding bill). In this important leadership role he has been negligent at best.

Poster X
    Good for you. Go have a Holiday cookie and watch some basketball. You've earned it.

Forkin' Crazy
    Good for you. Go have a Holiday cookie and watch some basketball. You've earned it.
    Is that the NBA or the NWA?

Poster X
    Wfd.

eliminatedsprinter
    By contrast to President Bush. President Ford's long years in congress made him savey to their tricks and thus President Ford used his veto pen 66 times in just 2 years.

Poster X
    By contrast to President Bush. President Ford's long years in congress made him savey to their tricks and thus President Ford used his veto pen 66 times in just 2 years.
    And he could read.

OutCole'd
    Our nations founders feared that one flaw in democracy was that citizens would vote themselves largess and ultimatly cause the republic to fail. Low and behold, representitives in Congress have picked up this bad habbit and created a bit of a racket by buying votes in the form of "earmarks" and attempting to "bring home" as much federal largess as they can. To prevent this, our founders gave the President the responsibility to represent all the Nation's people and gave him his power of veto. President George W Bush's complete failure to use that power and veto any significant spending bills and force responsibility on our Congress has been a complete and utter leadership failure on his part. He has a sworn duty to lead both his nation and his party and use his veto pen when needed. He has only used this pen once and that was for a minor (but emotionally charged stem cell research funding bill). In this important leadership role he has been negligent at best.
    Great post. 2 gold stars for you.
    Thanks!

eliminatedsprinter
    Here ya go Ultra. I have made many posts like the one above recently. I just dug this old one up so you could see a thred that I actually started and that these ideas are not exaactly new to me.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Here ya go Ultra. I have made many posts like the one above recently. I just dug this old one up so you could see a thred that I actually started and that these ideas are not exaactly new to me.
    ES,
    I didn't believe that they were. It was just beginning to seem like you had forgotten.
    Good post

eliminatedsprinter
    ES,
    I didn't believe that they were. It was just beginning to seem like you had forgotten.
    Good post
    Just because I hold my nose and gererally favor Republicians over Democrats does not mean I am OK with what they are doing.
    Like I have said in the past. I do not like that I am forced to choose between Republicians who always seem to break their promises and Democrats who I fear might keep theirs....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast