Thread: puke tank or evac setup?

'75 Miller
    I just ran my boat with a newly built 509BBC the other day and had a little blow-by. I'd really rather not have oil droplets on my motor and the accessories behind it ever again. I'm gonna go with a puke tank or evac setup, not sure which one. Which do you'z guys prefer?
    Based exclusively on looks I like the evac system. But to run on the local lakes like Castaic, Piru, and Casitas I'll have to run baffles in the headers. With that in mind I'm starting to wonder if a puke tank might be a better choice.

IMPATIENT 1
    i personally like puke tanks cured my issue

ol guy
    Nice new motor and you have blow-by issues? Is it blown?

ol guy
    Not trying to be a dork but if you are running alot of compression and building that much crankcase pressure I would do a leak down test and then go with a relief on the lower end to ease the pressure being built up. Panevac would be my first move. And for sh@ts and giggles, WHY the blow-by, Not seated yet or not enough crankcase ventalation? Just trying to help.

thatguy
    Blow by issues aside, I like pan-evac. It keeps NEGATIVE case pressure proportionally to RPM. It isn't just a vent. Check valves and header flow make it work when installed correctly. Just my .02
    Tommy