Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Installing 454 in jetboat, need parts

anyone can basically go on ebay and buy stuff. most of the folks on the hot boat boards give other members a first hand deal at a discounted price. if your reserve is $200 on ebay why not just allow a hot boat member to buy it before it goes on ebay for the $200? that way there are no fee,s to pay.
    This explanation usually doesn't sit too well, it's not the first nor the last time I've been asked this qeustion. Here it goes anyway...
    I've got 4 kids, a $3240 a month mortgage, my G/F's income and my income combined is about $3900. Think about that for a minute.
    You, or anyone else, needs a hand I'm more than willing to lend a hand, just ask any of my friends and they will tell you that I bend over backwards a lot more often than not. I buy and sell jet boats and jet boat parts (among a lot of other things) to supplement my income, not to make friends or to give parts away. eBay gives me a forum where buyers determine what something is worth, I don't cut myself short, and the buyer is happy because I give complete and honest descriptions. That's why I sell my parts on eBay instead of just selling that Place Diverter, or any other part, here on ***boat or SoCalJetBoats.
    A lot of times I get PM's from people asking me if I have something that they're looking for, depending on what they're looking for, that's where the deals come in. If they're looking for a Place Diverter, who isn't looking for a Place Diverter that doesn't have one already? Why should I sell a Place Diverter for $200 when the last one I sold on eBay brought me more than $400 (no sh!t). If they're looking for a throttle pedal, a steering collum, nozzle pivot pins, an electrical junction block for the back of a engine, etc... that's where the deals come in. Case in point, I recently sold an electrical junction block with a cover to a ***boat member for $10 - shipped to his door.

Boostedballs
    I've got the following: BBC PTO flange, driveline, Guardian rear engine mount and feet, Guardian front engine mount and feet, marine altenator (tested good) and mount, Glenwood (no names on them) logs and snails, 454 flywheel, stock starter (tested good), and a bitchin Harmon Marine driveline cover. They are all eBay bound in about a week when I'll have some more time. If it's a mediocre eBay run they'll bring $1,000 plus shipping, but I expect it to be more. Shipping the parts to you will be a small fortune just by itself. Email me at thanx@cox.net if you're still interested. Thanks, Rod.
    I got sniped on the front mount and alternator. Damn, it's usually me that does the sniping!
    Anyway, I still need:
    *Bellhousing that clamps to the jet with starter flange.
    *Starter.
    *Front mount.
    *Alternator.
    *PTO. (I have the PTO for the Olds but the flange is part of the yolk. Do I just buy the yolk part for the BBC?
    my block is at the machine shop as we speak, then I'm getting hot on this project.

I got sniped on the front mount and alternator. Damn, it's usually me that does the sniping!
    Anyway, I still need:
    *Starter.
    *Front mount.
    *Alternator.
    *PTO. (I have the PTO for the Olds but the flange is part of the yolk. Do I just buy the yolk part for the BBC?
    my block is at the machine shop as we speak, then I'm getting hot on this project.
    Do you have a flywheel or a flexplate, it'll make a difference on what PTO you need. It sounds like the Olds PTO you have is part of the driveline you have, is it? If it is, you'll need a different drivline as well. Lastly, there's two different sizes of drivelines (that I've come across) where they bolt up to the PTO. One size is called a 1350, the bolt holes measure about 2 7/16" by about 2 7/8". The other size is a 1310, which measures about 2 7/16" by about 2 1/16". I have a spare 1310 PTO for a BBC with a flexplate, I also have a spare 1310 driveline.

Boostedballs
    Do you have a flywheel or a flexplate, it'll make a difference on what PTO you need. It sounds like the Olds PTO you have is part of the driveline you have, is it? If it is, you'll need a different drivline as well. Lastly, there's two different sizes of drivelines (that I've come across) where they bolt up to the PTO. One size is called a 1350, the bolt holes measure about 2 7/16" by about 2 7/8". The other size is a 1310, which measures about 2 7/16" by about 2 1/16". I have a spare 1310 PTO for a BBC with a flexplate, I also have a spare 1310 driveline.
    I think I will go with a flexplate. I'm getting an eagle crank for 2 piece seal in back. I have no clue what bolt pattern it is. What are you asking for the setup?

I think I will go with a flexplate. I'm getting an eagle crank for 2 piece seal in back. I have no clue what bolt pattern it is. What are you asking for the setup?
    PM sent.

lilrick
    I have a Hardin Marine motor mount kit complete and in VERY good shape for $200. I also have the driveline for an extra $50. I just took this stuff out of the LIberty I just bought. You can call me 562-307-5578 ,ricg
    Oh yah the rear motor plate has a provision for a top mount starter or the traditonal mount down low style.

Squirtin Thunder
    That diverter goes on eBay today, around noon I think. It's reserve is $200. I like selling on eBay, it stops me from cutting myself short and lets buyers determine what it's worth. You're definately going to want to see the pictures of this one before making an offer on it anyway.
    I have a Hardin Marine motor mount kit complete and in VERY good shape for $200. I also have the driveline for an extra $50. I just took this stuff out of the LIberty I just bought. You can call me 562-307-5578 ,ricg
    Oh yah the rear motor plate has a provision for a top mount starter or the traditonal mount down low style.
    What is this a SPAM thread ?:idea:
    Everything you may need should be here just do a little searching.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33

lilrick
    Anyway, I still need:
    *Starter.
    *Front mount.
    *Alternator.
    pics of motor mounts in the spam section.

Boostedballs
    pics of motor mounts in the spam section.
    PENDING UNTIL HE GETS MY $$$

What is this a SPAM thread ?:idea:
    Everything you may need should be here just do a little searching.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33
    You may want to take a step back, I have a cigarette in my hand.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast