Thread: How do I close off the holes drilled in throttle plates on carbs?

RUNWME
    I have Laser EFI injection system with MAD EFI adjustable computer. I want to get more air into it without having to switch to the air horn.
    I have the front of my laser opened up where I can put 3 2 barrel mercury carbs on the front which will be a huge increase in airflow over 2 sets which just suck in through the back. No fuel will be going through carbs, only using to meter air.
    My question is how do I close the air holes in the carb throttle plates? There are drilled in them for idle on carb motor, but it just raies the RPMS up at idle on my set up.
    I was going to try JB weld or try to solder the brass(I think) throttle plates, but I am worried about something breaking loose and going into the engine.
    What is best way to fill in holes?
    Thanx
    David

DUCKY
    Why don't you just remove the throttle plates, and have them duplicated by a precision machine shop, but without the holes? Just an idea

HavasuDreamin'
    This is a first...........RiverDave in the Whacka section of the board.

jawdrop
    [ May 21, 2003, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

Blown 472
    HavasuDreamin':
    This is a first...........RiverDave in the Whacka section of the board.

jawdrop I think he is pimpin for machine shop work. Now that he cant whack, he has to hang out in the whacka section.

Snowboat
    Use a wire feed welder and one dot will close them off nicely. Have the carbs off, gas cleaned off and still be ready for a small fire. Have the plate cleaned with a die grinder and cut the tip off of the wire for a clean start.

sorry dog
    This is a first...........RiverDave in the Whacka section of the board. Didn't yall hear?? RD is a wacka man now.