I've always been taught that when going up river from Havasu towards Moabi, to stay to the right and pass on the left, just like you would in a car on the highway. Samething when coming down river in the opposite direction.
On a few of the past weekends, they have been flowing a lot of water a creating 2 big areas of concern to me. First is the turn right before the sand bar and the 2nd right before the 40 bridge. The big flow of water is causing the brown water to flow out a lot further than normal, almost to the middle of the river. I see so many boats heading up river hugging the left side of the river, making for a very dangerous situation with boats coming downriver.
Although the brown water looks very intimidating, my take is that the water level is still deep enough for a boat on plane to navigate safely through. It's the high flow of water causing the brown color and not the shallowness.
What are your thoughts and how do you navigate those sections of the river when you see all the brown water?