Thread: The Soldier who captured Sadaam....

Jbb

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    My dad was a Marine (enlisted, not drafted) and served 3 tours in Vietnam. For about the last 25 years or so, he has developed numerous cancers and as well as other illnesses directly linked to Agent Orange exposure but the VA does everything in their power to blame it on something else and not treat him. Its really sad and infuriating to see people who are brave enough to serve our country and then get treated like poop when they return.

Glamasu
    I don't understand this at all......Our country does more for the F'n illegal aliens than for our own military personel....I would have thought that our government would have learned something from the soldiers from the Vietnam war.....They were sent out of the military and expected to coexist with the same people that marched against the war they fought.
    How could you coexist with the same people that condemend you for doing what your govt asked?
    Makes me ANGRY.....
    And the post service care issue that is going on is rediculouse....I can't beleive our govt.

you gots 2 chill
    This really breaks my heart and makes me very angry. I have known several people who have retuned from Desert Storm with problems that have not been adressed by this government. Having been in the Marine Corps reserve, the only reason I didn't ship out during Desert Storm is because I have the sickle cell trait, which may have saved me from a far worse fate.
    First a bogus war, then a bad tactical plan with no exit stradegy and finally no treatment for the troops when they return.
    Brilliant.
    Support the troops my ass! (And I do support them, so don't miss the point)
    How about we support the Truth!

CA Stu
    That website is , well, different... (http://www.tondan.com/2007/06/10/pen...uild-gay-bomb/)
    Thanks
    CA Stu

SnoC653
    While there are bound to be vets that fall through the cracks of the beurocratic maze trying to get treatment, I think this is the exception and not the rule. If Mr. Cruz needs help, I truely hope he gets it. I can't think of a single vet that returned with me that hasn't been relentlessly checked and rechecked for signs and sypmptoms of PTSD. Nor do I know of any of my fellow troops who have not recieved treatment for thier injuries, emotional or physical. I do know several people who are having issues with what they saw or went through; some are recieving one on one treatment, some group treatment. The press has a field day with these situations as the countless numbers recieving treatment enjoy confidentiality in thier treatment. It's the ones not getting treated that make the news. As such it makes it look like nobody is recieving the treatments they need. It appears that this individual has been offered numerous types of treatment and has either stopped attending them or turned them down. What it says he wants is a counselor available for him to call when he wants to. This isn't lifestyles of the rich and famous. This is your a soldier, you make what you have available work and drive on. If he grew up in a neighborhood where there are bullet marks on the steel door, is it possible that he had some emotional trauma prior to joining? Not that he doesn't deserve treatment, but might there be some truth to the other side of the arguement? My final comment, every issue has two sides; the press presents what they want you to think and pronounce it the gospel. Rarely ever is the truth all black or all white.... it's usually a shade of grey.

Big Warlock
    That website is , well, different... (http://www.tondan.com/2007/06/10/pen...uild-gay-bomb/)
    Thanks
    CA Stu
    That was great!!!! Put that whole thing into context!!

Jbb
    That was great!!!! Put that whole thing into context!!
    Context ........maybe....I know mnore than a few Veitnam vets who would call the treatment they received when they got back .....pretty sparse.....for battle related illnesses.......You literally had to prove that you were sick from being ...in Country......
    I think our Vets deserve better...

Big Warlock
    Context ........maybe....I know mnore than a few Veitnam vets who would call the treatment they received when they got back .....pretty sparse.....for battle related illnesses.......You literally had to prove that you were sick from being ...in Country......
    I think our Vets deserve better...
    I wasn't saying anything related to that. Sorry. I am a vet and agree much, much more can be done. I was refering to the website and where Ca Stu posted another one of their articles. You need to read that!!