Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ran Out of Fuel

Pussywhippled
    On my Duramax I have to get under the hood and pump the little pumper dealie then hop in the truck and crank. Back and forth in and out of the truck for 15 to 20 minutes until it wants to start. Then once the truck does start, I have to feather the gas peddle for a few minutes.

uLtRADeNniS
    On my Duramax I have to get under the hood and pump the little pumper dealie then hop in the truck and crank. Back and forth in and out of the truck for 15 to 20 minutes until it wants to start. Then once the truck does start, I have to feather the gas peddle for a few minutes.
    Maybe if more fuel stations supplied diesel fuel we woulnt have this problem. :idea:
    I was with my buddy one night in Long Beach and he ran out in his Duramax. Went by 5+ stations, none which carried diesel. He had to the same thing you did. ...Boy was that scary being stuck there at 11pm on a Sunday. The fellas walking by staring at us looked like the guys you would see in a Rap video...but not as friendly..

Beer-30
    I've run out of fuel in my duramax 3 times in the last couple of months.
    I don't know if it's because I'm an idiot or because I'm an idiot...
    I dunno if this will help or not, but you might try this:
    http://www.transferflow.com/Resources/gmtank.gif
    Larger replacement fuel tanks for 2001-2007 GM pickups.
    Short bed: 45 gallons (up from 26)
    Long bed: 56 gallons (up from 34)

dicudmore
    I had that on one of my duramax trucks--best accessory I ever bought

JakeC.
    if you happen to run out again, witch it sounds like you might. instead of runing back and forth 15-20 times to prime the system. there is a bleeder valve right by the alternator and fuel injection control modual. just pump the little primmer like you already do, then when the primmer is hard to pump bleed the air out of the system. repeat this process until you get solid fuel out of it and no more air. this is the same process you should use when changing a fuel filter. this will save you a lot of time when trying to restart the truck. if you get all the air out, then it should start and run fine the first try.

Pussywhippled
    I think that there's a problem with my fuel system somewhere. The last 1/8 of the tank goes really fast and then when the light comes on I have about a half mile and I'm done...
    There was someone on here a while back that had a hook up on the larger fuel tanks and we were going to do a group buy, but nothing ever came of it.

BenchRacer
    how about a link or a name as to where to locate tank?

uLtRADeNniS
    Yeah..There is a place in Corona that sells them installed for 8-9 bills... I really need one...although Id probably still run it empty. If that group disount comes Ill buy one.

ultra27jay
    how about a link or a name as to where to locate tank?
    we at extreme trucks,
    just installed a 55 gallon fuel tank in a customers 08 duramax ex cab long bed dulley today.
    im a dealer for them let me know if u need any help with this. check out the website.www.xxtank.com i can also get the transflow but i have been doing a lot of the xxtanks they are lighter and cost less.

ultra27jay
    Yeah..There is a place in Corona that sells them installed for 8-9 bills... I really need one...although Id probably still run it empty. If that group disount comes Ill buy one.
    give me a number im direct with both companys and thats pretty cheap. ill go to them to get my tanks, heck ill pick up 10 at a time. let me know thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast