Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Big Block spank'n

2allbeefpatties
    There is no way an outboard is going to beat a hard charging flatbottom. Outboards dont leave the line hard at all and big block motors make way more power. The only an outboard has going for it is the weight.

sorry dog
    ...and you can actually run down to the store and buy one...
    Thanks 572- I got rounded up to three again. I am Average again
    Lubrimatic?? I guess if you gonna hate smoke you might as have a good reason.
    [ August 20, 2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: sorry dog ]

superdave013
    Looks like a 2003 top dog unlimmited outboard is still way way off of what the top dog car motor boat from 1976 was running.
    Keep in mind that it is bigger cubic inch. Hey, you guys are the ones that choose to go small.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43sotw-med.jpg[/img]
    I'm NOT an outboard hater by any means. I grew up with them.

superdave013
    DEL51:
    Kim, I am bull shittin ya,I worked at an mti construction place for a total of 2 months.Believe, me you would not have wanted to trade places with me.That said, I am also the guy that posted about merc and china.I am a jetter and have lost a race to 2 outboards, both mercs, and wanted to stir the pot.I love the big mercs and the engineering involved. I still like to race them on the lake and have n occasaional bbsp against non race boats.I am curiouse as to your, and other opinions, regarding the place of the eliminator daytona in the outboard world. I'm a car motor guy all the way. But.....If I had a 19' Eliminator Daytona it would have a big Merc on the back! I love those things. The 21's are pretty bad ass too. I know I go round and round with the wacker guys but I have to give then credit where credits due. Open a box, bolt engine to back of daytona. Now you have a hard running boat that will run all season (and more) with a warrenty. That's hard to beat.

You Te
    SD013,
    The motor in the 1976 boat looks to be a Hemi I would guess the stock 425 CI or maybe the stock 392 CI but I would be willing to bet it's over 500 CI in that boat. It should run 200+ miles per hour.
    The Mercs are 153 CI, so I guess women are right, size matters.
    You Te

2allbeefpatties
    you te, the class is limited 2 500 cubic inches you horses ass.

Rocket2003
    Rocket2003:
    The BB spanker of all times! This little Q-ship runs 8.3's or better in the 1/4 mile! This Boat only has 153 Cubic inch's! Can you imagin what would happen If we could get 500 Cubic inches on an outboard!

You Te
    2allbeefpatties,
    I'm sorry, I did not know you personally checked the cubic inches on that motor, please forgive my out of line comment.
    You Te

superdave013
    Rocket2003:
    Rocket2003:
    The BB spanker of all times! This little Q-ship runs 8.3's or better in the 1/4 mile! This Boat only has 153 Cubic inch's! Can you imagin what would happen If we could get 500 Cubic inches on an outboard! Yes I could imagin. If the class is really unlimmitted then get cracken and build a big stroker. Slap a turbo on it while your at it will ya.

You Te
    SD013,
    It's not really unlimited in the ODBA, I don't know why they call it "unlimited." There is all kinds of rules. eek!
    You Te

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast