Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To drop or not to droop

centerhill condor
    belt and suspenders? I'd go with one or the other. but I don't have your kind of money to spend!
    CC

OverKill
    Its way over killl the 6 inch ext if putting the nozzel to far back
    Hey that is for me to say LOL. Your 6 inch ext is putting the nozzel to far back .
    Now what the hell is going on there. Reminds me of those small guys driving those huge 4x4 trucks with the rubber swing nuts hangin from the hitch. Way OVERKILL

MudPumper
    Its made out of Stainless tubing sometimes the ugly is tuff its called factory works why do you ask cause it works.
    I am gong to drop the the 6 inch bowl ext and go just with the droop
    :idea: :idea: :jawdrop:

MWJSOne
    After a few emails I talked with the guy from New Zealand who helped build
    the boat here is what he had to say
    Personally I'd lose the bowl extension. The jet-o-vator has one to many 'joints' to upset pressure and flow. Have had mixed results with a bean can nozzels and these hulls, most of the guys go without them. Getting the thrust line down is reasonable important, hence the droop snoot.
    The bowl ext has left the building

sanger rat
    I have a 2 inch bowl extension I'll sell if that will help ya get where you want.

I'd like to try that 6" extension, if you not using it, in place of my droop.

VAMI
    this is whats on my eagle

I bought a place diverter set-up from Aluminum Squit here on the boards. He was going with the sewer pipe droop from Eagle if I recall correctly.

Aluminum Squirt
    Hope my PD worked out for you Sleekcrafter? Ya I went with the steel nozzle, no bowl extension. I don't know much about extensions. I do like my steel nozzle but it's kind of a race only part. It takes me awhile to get on plane and I can't make adjustments on the fly. Two old men in a canoe could probably beat me for 40-50 yards. After I get the nose to come over it rides nice. The best part is that I don't break anything and there is nothing for sand to jamb up while running in the shallows. It's also nice to be able to add wedges and get things just right on the GPS instead of screwing around trying to get the PD in just the right "sweet" spot. Truth be told, I'd probably have kept the PD for running at the lake and screwing around, and saved the steel nozzle for racing so I could go back and forth. Anyway, I'm way off topic here. Take this over to the eagle racing forum, there a few guys over there who are probably a little more familiar with your tin can and may be able to offer some sound advice. I'd say start borrowing some parts and see what works best, then buy one-Aluminum Squirt

pw_Tony
    Hope my PD worked out for you Sleekcrafter? Ya I went with the steel nozzle, no bowl extension. I don't know much about extensions. I do like my steel nozzle but it's kind of a race only part. It takes me awhile to get on plane and I can't make adjustments on the fly. Two old men in a canoe could probably beat me for 40-50 yards. After I get the nose to come over it rides nice. The best part is that I don't break anything and there is nothing for sand to jamb up while running in the shallows. It's also nice to be able to add wedges and get things just right on the GPS instead of screwing around trying to get the PD in just the right "sweet" spot. Truth be told, I'd probably have kept the PD for running at the lake and screwing around, and saved the steel nozzle for racing so I could go back and forth. Anyway, I'm way off topic here. Take this over to the eagle racing forum, there a few guys over there who are probably a little more familiar with your tin can and may be able to offer some sound advice. I'd say start borrowing some parts and see what works best, then buy one-Aluminum Squirt
    Got any pics of your pump?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast