Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘Pull ’em up or pay up’ is new law in Mansfield,LA - I AM ALL FOR IT !

32sunrkt
    I wish this would happen here in CA. This jail house culture/style just looks
    absolutly horrible on the young perfectly good suburanites ....
    ------------------------------
    ‘Pull ’em up or pay up’ is new law in Mansfield
    August 13, 2007
    MANSFIELD — “Pull ‘em up or pay up.”
    ThatÂ’s Police Chief Don EnglishÂ’s interpretation of a new law that takes effect in Mansfield on Sept. 15
    Anyone caught wearing sagging pants who exposes his or her underwear will be subject to a fine of up to $150 plus court costs, or face up to 15 days in jail.
    Mansfield aldermen voted unanimously at todayÂ’s 4:30 p.m. meeting to enact the new law.
    The law makes it illegal to found in a “state of nudity, or partial nudity, or in any indecent exposure of his or her person or undergarments, or be guilty of any indecent or lewd behavior.”
    City attorney Richard Z. Johnson Jr. said he used a similar law in Delcambre as a guideline in creating MansfieldÂ’s ordinance. Several municipalities and parish governments in Louisiana have enacted similar laws in recent months.

RitcheyRch
    I'm all for it

MADDOG355
    I like the Idea and reasoning behind the law but, It seems like it would be awfully easy to say it includes bikini, pastie, low cut tops. Just too much room for it to be overly applied.

havaduner
    While I agree these guys look really stupid, I'm not sure I want this type of a law going on the books, where will it end?

Chromegorilla
    Wow... that must be a fantastic place to live if the most pressing issue the town and police have to deal with is baggy pants. What a jackass move.

RiverOtter
    Now they need to have a fine for people that wear those stupid, stiff hats and turn them sideways

HotRod82
    They would have to arrest my 73 year old dad for sure.......

Just Electric
    Feel free to give away your rights one at a time, then sit around stupefied when you don't have any.
    yeah wut he said

Baja Big Dog
    Looks like the plumbing industry in Louisiana is gonna take a serious hit on this law!!!

Screaming Pete
    Mrs. flying Vee had better stay out of town

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast