Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have the best job in the world

bigq
    I would rather stick needles in my eyes
    My wife works with elementary school kids and I don't see how she does it.

Baja Big Dog
    I would love to work with middle schoolers....I unfortunately have a group of preschoolers that I work with, but I have to pay them every two weeks...

Phat Matt
    I have students from last year coming in to hang out before school starts. They ask if I need help prepping for the day. That right there tells me that I was able to reach them.
    They are probably just hot for teacher.

'75 Miller
    Congrats on your job. It's hard to say who's luckier...YOU for having a job you love, or THE KIDS for having such an enthusiastic teacher.
    Based on your description of the respect they give you I assume you're in a nice area...that helps. My younger sister teaches 3rd graders in a "not-so nice" part of Philly, Pa. & I'm floored by the stories she tells about some of the little shits in her class. She too loves her job, but sometimes I wonder why!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Congrats on your job. It's hard to say who's luckier...YOU for having a job you love, or THE KIDS for having such an enthusiastic teacher.
    Based on your description of the respect they give you I assume you're in a nice area...that helps. My younger sister teaches 3rd graders in a "not-so nice" part of Philly, Pa. & I'm floored by the stories she tells about some of the little shits in her class. She too loves her job, but sometimes I wonder why!
    Not really what you would consider a "nice" area. Unless you have a thing for downtown Perris. But most of the kids haven't been corrupted yet. Many have issues (drug use in the house, poor as dirt, abuse, murdered family members, etc) but most are not quite gone yet. My goal is to provide a net before they reach out to gangs and/or drugs. The high school they will go to is my alma mater, so I understand where they come from pretty well and better than most of the other teachers. I think that gives me a leg up with them.

Outnumbered
    Thank Heavens there are people like you who love what they do! I've heard a lifetime of whining about people and their jobs (mostly because they feel they must compare theirs to "their perception" of all the others' who, on the outside looking in, seem so superior.) It's just very refreshing to hear your excitement about working with our future. It sure gives me hope. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
    oh, by the way, I sell land and absolutely love what I do. I get to be a part of having people's dreams come true.
    Agreed. Good post.

Trailer Park Casanova
    This is certainly one nice post to read.

spectratoad
    Angie,
    I wish that all teachers had the attitude you have about your job. I am so glad you love your job. That makes it easier on the kids, you, your family and so on. I wish you a successful school year. I wish I had a teacher like you in middle school!
    -MrsJeepinscott
    Ahhh, give her a couple of years. Just kidding. It is great that you have the attitude you do. I have always thought about being a teacher but I think the parents would just push me over the edge

Dave C
    Yes you are crazy ... IMHO most teachers are saints because they are willing to put up with kids all day..... No way could some of us do that

eliminatedsprinter
    Glad you like it
    My Dad taught Jr High School science for about 15 years, then High School for about 20. He currently is retired from LAUSD and works for Cal Tech (on an astro-physics research project). My Sister is an Elementary school teacher (Palmdale SD), my mother is a retired LAUSD elementary school teacher, my grandmother taught a full career for Burbank public schools. Several of my aunts, uncles and cousins are teachers and or principles. It would be safe to say I'm from a teaching family.
    I myself am a bit of a glorified teacher who works in a clinical environment rather than the public schools.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast