Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm sure most will know this boat

FOURQ
    Scott was a good guy to deal with but he only took it out a couple times since he bought it from you. I got the impression that the boat was alot for him as well. He told me that he has only put a handful of hours on it since he got it. He said you did all the work on it. Nice job by the way Yes the jetaway is still on it. And no he didnt rape me to bad Actually I think pretty square. $7500
    wow he lost some $. I would say you stole it .. I had about 15000 in it and sold it for I think 9400 to Scott. I knew it wasnt the boat for him but what do ya do when someone has cash in hand lol... I went through everything just before I sold it. it has a nice TPR race preped pump with a berkley A. engine is all stock internals cast crank stock rods with TRW forged pistons, isky cam pete jackson gear drive proform carb about 9.5/1 compression. if I rember right the loader thats in there should be changed if you want it to load good I cant rember if we took the uncut one out or not but if its cut you may want to look at getting a new one. the bottom was just blueprinted as well. is all the chrome holding up???? I miss the chrome
    if you want anymore info feel free to call anytime 928-208-0291
    Shawn

FOURQ
    Sure would like to know how the boat does for you! I raced one back in the early 80s and they will run. looks like the pod has been cut down so its the same underwater hardware set-up as an early placecraft. If you feel so inclined hit me on this site and let me know. FYI 1980 southwind tunnel dragster 429 cj tunnel ram motor NJBA 92MPH.
    the pod was cut down for a pop-off but the intake is still in the stock location...
    this boat also ran 87 with a hurt engine 80% leakdown on 2 cylinders..

victorfb
    yep, i remember that boat. you got a smokin deal. congrats.

The bros. did a nice job on that boat, I really liked it. good buy!!

rivrrts429
    Thanks everyone for the input, I just hung up the phone with FOURQ and I know I got a good buy. Way stoked to get it on the water.
    Nuckin Futs & Fourq - Thanks for the input and we can get together in the next couple of weeks

san-d-eggo
    hey richard. congrats brother. wont be there for its maiden voyage this weekend. we wont be back out there till labor day. right when you get to the edge of the launch ramp, break a beer bottle over the bow like they do when they launch yachts. its good luck you know. oh yeah you drink cans... well smash a can on it.

rivrrts429
    hey richard. congrats brother. wont be there for its maiden voyage this weekend. we wont be back out there till labor day. right when you get to the edge of the launch ramp, break a beer bottle over the bow like they do when they launch yachts. its good luck you know. oh yeah you drink cans... well smash a can on it.

FOURQ
    trust me you break any bottles or crush any cans on that hull and you will be taking it the a glass shop to get repaired.. its not a Yacht

rivrrts429
    Forget the boat I want the buick in the background.
    The lead sled
    That thing is cherry, old school flat black. The interior is immaculate. He runs two 4 barrel holleys with straight pipes. Wake you up from a dead sleep if he leaves early morning

rivrrts429
    trust me you break any bottles or crush any cans on that hull and you will be taking it the a glass shop to get repaired.. its not a Yacht
    I dont want any glass shop on speed dial, in fact I dont want to talk about that period

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast