Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Koskonong Radar Runs

Whisky Dick
    who had the fastest pontoon, or was it maybe one of the Bayliners? This used to be a good time, these new owners are real idiots.

CARLSON-JET
    I showed up around 1:30 and boatless also. There were about 20-25 boats in the pits ready to run. They were a little late getting started per the weather but Most managed to have a good time despite a few sprinkles. I took about 20 minutes of decent video and need to do some editing if I can find the time. I was standing waiste deep out in the water with a tri-pod catching the first 1/2 hour to 45 minutes of the action then decided to call it quits on the footage. Keeping the lens dry became a chore as I forgot to bring out some lens wipes.
    I think the top numbers were in the 115 range. Only one jet had the nuts to make a few passes for the crowd. The rest were outboards and their enthusiasm showed as they all made their passes despite a few raindrops. I left about 5 so and I don't know if the ladies ever decided to get together a bikini contest, but later in the afternoon there was a good showing and it could have happened. The steam powered tractor to cook the sweet corn using the boiler was a novel idea that I found interesting.
    They might have rescheduled but with all the rain we have had over the past few weeks I don't know if it would have panned out any better. I met alot of nice folks and wouldn't hesitate to go again. To whom all I met it was good meeting and and talking to you. R.B.

Great to see you Rob, as well as the Mrs. Great summery of the day, it was the racers that pushed for the show to go. A lot was put into the event, time money and effort, and a great payout for King of the Lake, and 100% payback to the racers. As with all racing events, weather and other scheduled events don't always work out, but an attempt was made to make everyone who attended happy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12