Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with providing proof of identification when voting?

never_fast_enuf
    I must show proof I am who I am every day for the most trivial things. When I rent a car, check into a hotel, fly on a plane, purchase something with my credit card...the list goes on and on.
    Yet when we engage in one of the most important duties we can execute as American citizens...actually VOTING for our leaders who will then make laws, the democrats are dead set against it.
    If THAT doesn't tell you all you need to know about voter fraud....and who is for it then nothing will.

ULTRA26 # 1
    I must show proof I am who I am every day for the most trivial things. When I rent a car, check into a hotel, fly on a plane, purchase something with my credit card...the list goes on and on.
    Yet when we engage in one of the most important duties we can execute as American citizens...actually VOTING for our leaders who will then make laws, the democrats are dead set against it.
    If THAT doesn't tell you all you need to know about voter fraud....and who is for it then nothing will.
    I couldn't agree more. ID proof to vote should be Federal and State law, period.

never_fast_enuf
    Glad to see you on this side of the issue Ultra. I can see no reason why anyone would object to providing proof you are who you are when voting but the politicians, particularly the democrats are dead set against it.
    I have yet to have anyone provide an adequate answer as to why this would be bad.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Glad to see you on this side of the issue Ultra. I can see no reason why anyone would object to providing proof you are who you are when voting but the politicians, particularly the democrats are dead set against it.
    I have yet to have anyone provide an adequate answer as to why this would be bad.
    I, like you, don't believe that there is an adequate answer.

eliminatedsprinter
    Because it disenfranchises dead people, pets, illegal aliens, and felons and we can't be having that in our enlightened utopia...

Old Texan
    They worked toward photo ID's in GA several years back and the minority leaders went completely berserk. Claims that the poor and elderly were unable to get to the appropriate offices to apply (there were plans to provide rides at Gov. expense but that wasn't good enough), the cost (I believe GA DL's are about $15-$20), and on and on. The bottom line is like ES said, it eliminates too many deadbeat frauds and there is a "sector" of this country that doesn't want to allow that to happen. Cynthia McKinny and a bunch of liberal minority "preachers" were at the root of the protest.
    "Yeah I said Liberal and they are self proclaimed as such."

YeLLowBoaT
    They have tried to pass a law in CA for a few years that only a DL is need to register to vote... Only prob with that is under CA state law they could not check to see if they had a SS... IE give illegals DL then they can vote. Of corse thats not why they said they wanted it, but that was the underlying reason... funny how these bills/ props were always introduced by hispanic officals.

ULTRA26 # 1
    In CA, all adults must carry a photo ID. Seems it shouldn't be an issue to require it to prior to receving a ballot. Used to be that CA required a SSN to obtain a DL. Not any more

SmokinLowriderSS
    Because it disenfranchises dead people, pets, illegal aliens, and felons and we can't be having that in our enlightened utopia...
    You mean New Jersey?
    I have zero problems with presentingt my creds to vote, I seldom leave my yard without 2 forms of photographic ID, one of which is required to drive.

Towndrunk
    Maybe letting their illegal friends vote???

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast