Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiring from Scratch

Greg i'll be after 10 call and i'll breakdown the colors for you and where the go Tom

BrendellaJet
    I ignored the colors. I made a chart and it stays on the boat. Separate color for each function.

GAWnCA
    here ya go-
    Thanks Cas, I have to add in a Fuel level as well but this is a nice start.

GunninGopher
    I took the extra step of soldering each terminal. I would say that 95% of the crimps that you put on carefully will last a lifetime, but I felt like I had the time to go the extra mile for some peace of mind, so I did.

GAWnCA
    I took the extra step of soldering each terminal. I would say that 95% of the crimps that you put on carefully will last a lifetime, but I felt like I had the time to go the extra mile for some peace of mind, so I did.
    That's a good suggestion. I guess after everything is laid out and connected and shrink-wrapped, you could disassemble everything and solder and heat shrink each connector.

Danhercules
    When I did my 18', I got a wire harness from L&L marine. Worked out bitchen. I recomend it.

I took a bunch of pics when I made the Stevens harness... just have to find them and upload them. I'll look tonight and post what I find

They also make some high end terminals with shrink tubing with glue in them right on the terminal. We use them on some wiring assys for products we make. They save alot of assy time and the glue seals the crimp joint on both sides. They make a real nice finished product. You can get from Del City and many other sources.
    Generic wire harnesses just come with std run of the mill crimps, generally don't fit re-wire jobs well, and have extra or not enough of the right size wires. I've never liked them much regardless of the source. Many of them are the ultimate cause of electrical problems years down the road particularly in salt applications.

suckin&pumpin
    greg we are on the same page I am wiring next week, let me know how it turns out

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast